• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #13: Return to Crab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
So 'omnipotent' that he's subservient to Odin, who in himself got devoured and wrecked by a wolf. Zeus was never killed, and remained supreme god who could shake the universe just by shaking his head. Being beat down by Zeus isn't an argument, when Zeus himself would babyshake the entire Norse mythos with zero effort. :mjlol
Heimdall is higher on the tier list in Smite, to the point that he had to get nerfed multiple times.

It is from this that I can deduce that Heimdall is superior to Atlas in every way.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
CqSeHGNN_260420001503lola.jpg

I like how that turned into a vs argument and stopped being who was aesthetically cooler.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
CqSeHGNN_260420001503lola.jpg

I like how that turned into a vs argument and stopped being who was aesthetically cooler.
I love how you stopped giving a fuck and cheated by bringing in Smite, and then OG might as well have brought up the TF all-canon. That's such meme-tier levels of debating skill that I had no counter for it. The closest I could think of was Atlas being named after the book that catalogues the world, and thus, he's transcended fiction, but then I realized that sounded a hundred times more ridiculous than what you brought up.
:russ

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
This reminds me of that Solrac guy on the old obd who's super obsessed with calling mythology omnipotent and above all other fiction, It's really weird.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
What are the differences? 🤔
Orphism was the world as said by Orpheus the musician. He said that Zeus and Persephone got together and made a child, Hera being the bitch she is gave the child to the titans who ripped him apart and ate the baby. Athena told Zeus of this and he found the titans eating his baby and smites them, the only thing left of the baby was his heart. Which Zeus used to give birth to Dionysus.

The baby’s name was Zagreus, and from the ashes of the titan’s Humans were born, with the bodies made of titans but a part of the divine spark of Zagreus making the soul.

It’s actually really interesting because I remember in Greek myth that there was a myth about how if Zeus had a godly make child, he would be more powerful and take Olympus’s rule from him. And Zagreus was said to be a king god in scriptures, though some point as this only being in the underworld. Thus making him a prototype Hades.

I don’t actually know much about Mycenaean myth’s but I’m pretty sure Ananke came about during this era. Also Posedao was the king god at some point of this era not Zeus, Posedao is like this fusion between Poseidon, Hades, and Dionysus.

Hesiod’s version is the one most know of.

Homer I think his version his similar to Hesiod’s.

Ovid’s is also, but he also rewrites myths like Medusa was actually a minor goddess before Ovid wrote her as Posiedon’s ex.

Yeah, the minor goddess thing wasn’t something Fate made up.

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Orphism was the world as said by Orpheus the musician. He said that Zeus and Persephone got together and made a child, Hera being the bitch she is gave the child to the titans who ripped him apart and ate the baby. Athena told Zeus of this and he found the titans eating his baby and smites them, the only thing left of the baby was his heart. Which Zeus used to give birth to Dionysus.

The baby’s name was Zagreus, and from the ashes of the titan’s Humans were born, with the bodies made of titans but a part of the divine spark of Zagreus making the soul.

It’s actually really interesting because I remember in Greek myth that there was a myth about how if Zeus had a godly make child, he would be more powerful and take Olympus’s rule from him. And Zagreus was said to be a king god in scriptures, though some point as this only being in the underworld. Thus making him a prototype Hades.

I don’t actually know much about Mycenaean myth’s but I’m pretty sure Ananke came about during this era. Also Posedao was the king god at some point of this era, Posedao is like this fusion between Poseidon, Hades, and Dionysus.

Hesiod’s version is the one most know of.

Homer I think his version his similar to Hesiod’s.

Ovid’s is also, but he also rewrites myths like Medusa was actually a minor goddess before Ovid wrote her as Posiedon’s ex.

Yeah, the minor goddess thing wasn’t something Fate made up.
And this isn't even counting the various other poets with varying views on how a lot of stuff goes in their religion/mythology. Just as an example, Arachne, the weaver who was arrogant enough to challenge Athena, will always end up turned into a spider by the end of that conflict, but the interesting thing is, there're versions where she both wins and loses. The latter coming across as punishment for hubris, and the former... well, it just comes across as, "Don't make the gods salty."

:mjlol :russ

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Also one thing I find cool is how despite seeming to be just a god of wine Dionysus is actually really underrated with how his past roots have him being a king god at multiple points, including being Phanes, Zagreus, Posedao, etc…

If I were to write a story about Greek myth I’d definitely have Dionysus actually be this super eldritch being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back