• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #13: Return to Crab

Status
Not open for further replies.
0-DA94438-6-EF9-41-F2-9-A22-B099-E766-B638.jpg

lol

SB hates him (and the entire town he lives in) too for some reason

it’s a fucking CGI chicken :kobeha

To be fair? You need to watch the movie as he really IS a genuine asshole that goes with the flow of the town rather than his own son at many, many points to the point of damn near disowning him despite finally earning his respect ON THE SAME DAY.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
To be fair? You need to watch the movie as he really IS a genuine asshole that goes with the flow of the town rather than his own son at many, many points to the point of damn near disowning him despite finally earning his respect ON THE SAME DAY.
I’ve seen the movie a bunch of times when I was a kid but I remember that Buck seemed stressed out the entire time, especially with his wife dead

although yeah, being swayed by the masses is a beta move

I’ve seen the movie a bunch of times when I was a kid but I remember that Buck seemed stressed out the entire time, especially with his wife dead

although yeah, being swayed by the masses is a beta move

Like don't get me wrong, I've seen their point and some will go so far and say he's worst than the worst Disney villains which is nonsensical as fuck and yeah, he DOES care for his son...
But as you equally say, he's a MASSIVE Beta as he kowtowed to his public image to his son many times(Before the Movie takes place, when it happens again during the movie and a little after that part) to the point of damn near neglecting him at times and only not realizing he was being bullied by the entire town and barely showing any real pride in him.

Some people take it the wrong way but he WAS a literal beta for most of the movie, only becoming somewhat passable at the end.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
It's hilariously Ovid that goes into them being absolute bastards territory the most even compared to the Romans and even some of the Ancient Greeks.
That's because Ovid rewrote the stories to speak out against his government iirc.

Ovid's Metamorphoses aren't actual myths but more like those old political articles that make fun of politicians and stuff.

It's just that most mainstream media and people confused what Ovid wrote as what Greeks actually believed. Which now most media says is Greek myth (Riordan.)

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
That's because Ovid rewrote the stories to speak out against his government iirc.

Ovid's Metamorphoses aren't actual myths but more like those old political articles that make fun of politicians and stuff.

It's just that most mainstream media and people confused what Ovid wrote as what Greeks actually believed. Which now most media says is Greek myth (Riordan.)
Its both Ovid's version of these events, as well as his way of taking shots at his government of the time. Far from what the Greeks would've considered the proper version of these mythological events at the time, absolutely, but that clearly isn't gonna stop most hacks from speaking about it as if it is, and using it for their own shitty stories, where they managed to botch the characters even then. :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back