• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #16: Take me Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
vqz2Bqp.jpg

While I do agree at points that Turtles Forever did the 1984 Turtles dirty compared to 2003, I was never a fan over how Phelous basically bitched that "Ultrom Shredder is making 1984 Shredder look bad" and I'm like:

"Bitch, watch the fucking show(he later did after the review), Ultrom Shredder is far, FAR, FAR fucking worse than 1984 Shredder by leagues! 1984 Shredder is a fucking kitten compared to him even without the flanderization".

Just got to me there.

Yeah those are the ones where they retconed him into being a robot suit piloted by Krang aliens right? Shit was mad retarded.

Actually, I think it worked really well to be frank. It also showed how the fuck he keeps surviving shit he couldn't and how horrifying of a threat he really is compared to a Human Shredder(or compared to Mirage Shredder who died in his first encounter period).

Baxter Stockman in TMNT 2003 is honestly even more horrifying than his Brundlefly version in Turtles in Time considering he consistently gets fucking MUTILATED in many occasions(to the point of becoming a brain and an eye) only to then "rebuild himself" later into many, many different cyborg bodies.

Seriously, they had to remove the infamous episode "Insane in the Membrane" due to how the show basically shows how he lost his mind due to it all.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Actually, I think it worked really well to be frank. It also showed how the fuck he keeps surviving shit he couldn't and how horrifying of a threat he really is compared to a Human Shredder(or compared to Mirage Shredder who died in his first encounter period).
Meh, I prefer the 2003 Shredder before the retcon where he was just a tough as hell guy in sick looking armor than just an alien head controlling a robot. If anything just having him not "die" as often would fix the issue with having him surviving all the time or just make him supernatural instead.
@NostalgiaFan Oh yeah, Oroku Saki DOES exist in the 2003 TMNT... as Tengu Shredder
tengushredder.png

Who basically became a God after absorbing a Tengu lmfao.
Yeah just got back from reading that and it sounds cooler to me than just having him be an alien while being different enough to make him interesting while providing a good reason for him to come back from death.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Baxter Stockman in TMNT 2003 is honestly even more horrifying than his Brundlefly version in Turtles in Time considering he consistently gets fucking MUTILATED in many occasions(to the point of becoming a brain and an eye) only to then "rebuild himself" later into many, many different cyborg bodies.

Seriously, they had to remove the infamous episode "Insane in the Membrane" due to how the show basically shows how he lost his mind due to it all.
I just looked into that shit on /co/ (yeah shit can be cringe but there are always diamonds in the rough) and that was one of the many mentions of dark shit in cartoons back in the day. Even had a picture of the guy with his jaw falling off.

Meh, I prefer the 2003 Shredder before the retcon where he was just a tough as hell guy in sick looking armor than just an alien head controlling a robot. If anything just having him not "die" as often would fix the issue with having him surviving all the time or just make him supernatural instead.

I'm not gonna change your mind on it as it is basically preference at that point.

Yeah just got back from reading that and it sounds cooler to me than just having him be an alien while being different enough to make him interesting while providing a good reason for him to come back from death.
I just looked into that shit on /co/ (yeah shit can be cringe but there are always diamonds in the rough) and that was one of the many mentions of dark shit in cartoons back in the day. Even had a picture of the guy with his jaw falling off.

Yep, 2003 Turtles is beloved for that reason... and it's made by fucking 4Kids, believe it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back