• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #16: Take me Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Really? That's weird cause we're still taking care of the kids during lunch ya know, making sure they eat, they clean up, making sure they don't run off after there done. Also, I did get paid for my first day.

But even then I still feel like I'm getting shortchanged. Lemme do some math.

I work 8 a.m-4 p.m which is 8 hours (I miscalculated and thought it was 9)

And so that's 480 minutes. Lunch is around 40 minutes so I'll just make it 45.

480-45=435 minutes of work.

435 minutes is 7.25 hours.

I'll just take out the .25 so 7 hours.

Minimum wage in NY is $15.00 an hour.

So 15*7=$105

And I got paid for 2 days so.

$105*2=$210

This is what I should've gotten, this is excluding taxes of course but I don't even know how much they take out in taxes cause the contract doesn't specify.

But in reality, I only got $78. Which is only 37% of $210.

Let's not forget about my sister who's currently on her third week of work and got paid $183 for the 2 weeks she already did.

So $105*10=$1050

So she only got 17% of what she's supposed to be getting.
Are you sure you were getting $15 an hour? It should have at least said it on your contract

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Are you sure you were getting $15 an hour? It should have at least said it on your contract
That's the thing. This is what my contract says.

Web-capture-27-6-2022-215248-app-getoutlaw-com.jpg

I wasn't getting 15$/an hour. I was getting fucking nothing/an hour, same for all the kids that decided to work here over the summer. Despite how by law minimum wage in New York and Long Island is $11.00-$15.00 an hour.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That's the thing. This is what my contract says.

Web-capture-27-6-2022-215248-app-getoutlaw-com.jpg

I wasn't getting 15$/an hour. I was getting fucking nothing/an hour, same for all the kids that decided to work here over the summer. Despite how by law minimum wage in New York and Long Island is $11.00-$15.00 an hour.

Was this just for 3 months?

that sounds more like an internship than a full time job so it makes sense you weren’t getting paid a lot

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
If you want a summer job, be a lifeguard. There's a shortage and they'll make more money anyway. I'm sure there are some kind of physical requirements but they can't be too serious.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
If you want a summer job, be a lifeguard. There's a shortage and they'll make more money anyway. I'm sure there are some kind of physical requirements but they can't be too serious.
...Problem is I never really learned to swim. Like the max I can do is 5 feet. And that's cause I can stand in it.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
>reading isekai
>MC is a priest class
>has 100 in recovery stat meaning he can heal any wound
>he decides to stat dump into evasion
>essentially has ultra instinct
>he cant get a party because people believe evasion on healers is worthless
>people in the comments mad saying he wont ever be able to dodge AOE attacks and that he should tell people he has strong healing

People in the comments are fucking clowns. Why would you tell anyone that you have that much healing power. you asking to be made a slave somehow. and who the fuck cares about AoE when you could just heal your way through it. hell the man even has a shield now so he can literally just tank anything he cant dodge.
:hestonpls
what are you reading?

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
If you’re only working for the summer then it’s not a full time job, it’s just something you put on your resume for experience
yea it only adds to the experience most company would even remove that out as it isn't a qualified full time job if they only look at full time jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back