• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #21: The Power of Delusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'll do a solid and put them in a Spoiler Bracket and leave it the fuck alone so that anyone interested can read it but DO NOT do anything more than say your thoughts on it, that's it.
Don't ruin it for everyone else.

Apparently, the Bayonetta we see and play in the game is actually Cereza from Bayonetta 1... except it's the actual child grown up rather than Bayonetta herself. Where IS Bayonetta Prime? Outside of a literal cameo, she isn't in the game at all. She's not dead, dying or anything, she's just a cameo you can unlock. We are basically playing Bayonetta 3 in a literal "Multiverse of Madness" Scenario but like playing Defender Strange instead of Doctor Strange.
Cereza and Luka hook up but I guess this is after Luca somehow becomes a Demon and kills the final boss and yeah, Viola is Bayonetta's and Luka's daughter but it seems they never figure that out(Although it was implied Bayo did like Luka but she would outage him and thus didn't pursue anything serious in interviews). Jeanne is stuck in another timeline entirely which is supposed to be spinoff potential but this is only found out post credits so we don't see how Cereza feels about that.

So ultimately, I get it... but at the same time, I also don't get it.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Astaro @Paxton
I present to you, the real Touma
What Touma really needs to do is improve his technique more. GT has him beating a trained fighter… by blindsiding him by throwing blood in his eyes. To be fair, the guy was also at his best while Touma was on his last legs after being put through a the ringer in that volume. (stabbed with a knife in the liver that he only received the bare minimum treatment since he didn’t want to take too long was just the start in the volume.)

Even Misaka has gone from helpless girl without her powers to ready to throw hands at any time.

12.jpeg

13.jpeg

14.jpeg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Bayonetta 3

No real comment on the Bayo spoilers other than it sounds a bit like a clusterfuck for a plot and Cereza and Luka hooking up is a bit… awkward.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Alright, I'll do a solid and put them in a Spoiler Bracket and leave it the fuck alone so that anyone interested can read it but DO NOT do anything more than say your thoughts on it, that's it.
Don't ruin it for everyone else.

Apparently, the Bayonetta we see and play in the game is actually Cereza from Bayonetta 1... except it's the actual child grown up rather than Bayonetta herself. Where IS Bayonetta Prime? Outside of a literal cameo, she isn't in the game at all. She's not dead, dying or anything, she's just a cameo you can unlock. We are basically playing Bayonetta 3 in a literal "Multiverse of Madness" Scenario but like playing Defender Strange instead of Doctor Strange.
Cereza and Luka hook up but I guess this is after Luca somehow becomes a Demon and kills the final boss and yeah, Viola is Bayonetta's and Luka's daughter but it seems they never figure that out(Although it was implied Bayo did like Luka but she would outage him and thus didn't pursue anything serious in interviews). Jeanne is stuck in another timeline entirely which is supposed to be spinoff potential but this is only found out post credits so we don't see how Cereza feels about that.

So ultimately, I get it... but at the same time, I also don't get it.

The way everyone was talking, I was expecting some sequel Star Wars/Rings of Power/The Predator levels of fuckery.

This just seems par for the course with this series, the plot has always been a convoluted mess, this just throws multiversal shenanigans into it. Seems like a bit of an over-reaction if this is really it but maybe that's just me.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Anyone here that plays Swordsoul? Tested them out online before committing to making the deck in Master Duel.

It’s efficient, consistent, and makes very strong boards… but I notice it’s a got a bit of an issue when it comes to recovery.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Anyone here that plays Swordsoul? Tested them out online before committing to making the deck in Master Duel.

It’s efficient, consistent, and makes very strong boards… but I notice it’s a got a bit of an issue when it comes to recovery.
>Swordsoul
Numbmindusedrollpicturenumbmindrolledimageturnsoutsheis_0a36ca4db1f37784c0f2f59d367f33dd.jpg

Those bayo 3 spoilers :skully
By all means, spoil us

Edit: Nevermind. I just saw the spoilers. Good thing I decided to stick with DMC (minus the Tameme game)

:skully

Ahhhh Italian noodles a.k.a pasta

The lifeblood of my family and literally what I have for dinner twice per week

:yousmart

>Swordsoul
Numbmindusedrollpicturenumbmindrolledimageturnsoutsheis_0a36ca4db1f37784c0f2f59d367f33dd.jpg
This is why you should always carry Dark Ruler No More

Alternatively, shut down Mo Ye with Veiler and they won't be summoning Chixiao anytime soon

Only problem is the Longyuan into Baronne combo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back