• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #22: Back in the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Fc9QPRNXoAAi3qD
I still find it funny that Toriyamma likes Piccolo more than Gohan and the movie was just going to be focused on him :skully . Even Piccolo was tired of Gohan's shit in that movie :kobeha.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So in the Dub for Bleach: TYBW, they did ultimately get Richard Epcar to voice Yhwach.
For obvious reasons, this makes alot of sense...
However, I now cannot stop thinking of Yhwach as Old Man Joseph Joestar now and thus the Yeehaw comparison completely works now @Blade @Adamant soul :skully
Well that will certainly explain something.
He obviously couldn't see the arrow coming because he was too busy "consulting the elder gods" to notice it. :mjpls

Although honestly I'm torn because on one hand the dude's a good actor but on the other, it connects a villain I despise in Mustache, to an absolute classic villain in Vamdemon/Myotismon. Ironically a villain that did the "brutal invading overlord who kills his own men" much better because he only did that when they weren't doing their jobs, turned on him or when he actually needed their energy to complete his evolution.

It was never senseless brutality like when Mustache did it (until 02 anyway).

Well that will certainly explain something.
He obviously couldn't see the arrow coming because he was too busy "consulting the elder gods" to notice it. :mjpls

Although honestly I'm torn because on one hand the dude's a good actor but on the other, it connects a villain I despise in Mustache, to an absolute classic villain in Vamdemon/Myotismon. Ironically a villain that did the "brutal invading overlord who kills his own men" much better because he only did that when they weren't doing their jobs, turned on him or when he actually needed their energy to complete his evolution.

It was never senseless brutality like when Mustache did it (until 02 anyway).

Yeah, it's one of those things that while the reason can make some sense(If they aren't "Useful" anymore, then kill them and reclaim their soul and your fragment back into your body) but it's still a little weird he throws everyone away too fast rather than give them more uses first.

And yes, it is funny seeing Yhwach be compared to Raiden :kobeha "I must consult the Elder Gods"(Everything gets fucked while he's sleeping).

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, it's one of those things that while the reason can make some sense(If they aren't "Useful" anymore, then kill them and reclaim their soul and your fragment back into your body) but it's still a little weird he throws everyone away too fast rather than give them more uses first.
It's particularly egregious later on when his killing them leads to SAVING several of his enemies from being killed (see Gerard and Haschwalth) for NO benefit whatsoever (he still ended up weaker than Ichigo).

Hopefully they change it so Byakuya and Hitsugaya's combo attack actually kills Gerard in this version since there's no reason for him to survive it, since he dies soon after anyway
And yes, it is funny seeing Yhwach be compared to Raiden :kobeha "I must consult the Elder Gods"(Everything gets fucked while he's sleeping).
"There are fates far worse than death!"

Mustache is kind of the poster boy for dark Raiden's line there, given he effectively gets the Shinnok treatment but even worse. :hestonpls

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
g2i51az6art91.jpg

Which is it OP stans?
In general the East Blue saga as a whole would be the correct answer.

Given both Baratie and Arlong Park are classic One Piece arcs, it's safe to say that if you're still not by impressed by that point, One Piece really isn't the show for you.

But yeah, absolutely no way anyone should be suggesting arcs HUNDREDS of episodes in when saying "wait 'til you get to this". :kobeha

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Really? Didn’t Dragon Appear at Episode 52? I could have sworn that’s where Loguetown, and the East Blue Saga, ended
Nah, episode 53 is the last episode of the Loguetown Arc/East Blue Saga with the next eight episodes being the filler arc with the dragons (ending at episode 61).

In general the East Blue saga as a whole would be the correct answer.

Given both Baratie and Arlong Park are classic One Piece arcs, it's safe to say that if you're still not by impressed by that point, One Piece really isn't the show for you.

But yeah, absolutely no way anyone should be suggesting arcs HUNDREDS of episodes in when saying "wait 'til you get to this". :kobeha
Chapter 100 is the Reccomended length for beginners.

East Blue Saga is the establishing saga. It sets up the Key Players, gives you a taste of what’s to come, and has some emotional moments that stand on their own

anybody that stops in Baratie or Syrup Village has done themselves a diservice

I feel recommending beginners to read 100 chapters to get into a series and see if they like it or not... is a bit too much.
I can't even say that for 10 Chapters for Bleach or Naruto or even shit like Gurren Lagann.
If the first 3 episodes don't get you hooked, throw that shit out and find something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back