• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #22: Back in the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I feel recommending beginners to read 100 chapters to get into a series and see if they like it or not... is a bit too much.
That depends on the length of the series in question.
You can't really expect to get an accurate feel for a 1000+ chapter/episode show from just watching three episodes
I can't even say that for 10 Chapters for Bleach or Naruto or even shit like Gurren Lagann.
If the first 3 episodes don't get you hooked, throw that shit out and find something else.
That can work if the series is fairly short, something where a couple episodes could give you a pretty good idea what it's like.
But I wouldn't say that's enough for multi-hundred episode series like One Piece, Bleach or Naruto.

I feel recommending beginners to read 100 chapters to get into a series and see if they like it or not... is a bit too much.
Chapter 1 was enough for me. You don’t actually need those 100 chapters to get hooked lmao.

The manga is very easy and fun to read.

People mention getting to Loguetown, but its honestly just the combo of Baratie and Arlong Park that gives you the “One Piece” experience that continues with every saga

Like, I’ve watched enough people to know that the best way to sell it was just to not make them expect that they’re getting into a Pirate Epic

every watcher I’ve seen who doesn’t have a preconceived notion of what One Piece is just falls in-love and experiences it becoming better and better.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
100 chapters isn't really too bad IMO since you can pound out a couple dozen in a day.

The only thing I always stress when people ask if OP is worth it is that it IS going to be a time investment, but if they end up liking it then the payoff for all the setup ends up being worth it.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Screenshot_5.png

:maybe

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
In general the East Blue saga as a whole would be the correct answer.

Given both Baratie and Arlong Park are classic One Piece arcs, it's safe to say that if you're still not by impressed by that point, One Piece really isn't the show for you.

But yeah, absolutely no way anyone should be suggesting arcs HUNDREDS of episodes in when saying "wait 'til you get to this". :kobeha
100 is one thing 500 though :skully ?

El Hermano

Acclaimed
100 chapters isn't really too bad IMO since you can pound out a couple dozen in a day.

The only thing I always stress when people ask if OP is worth it is that it IS going to be a time investment, but if they end up liking it then the payoff for all the setup ends up being worth it.
True. The years of reading it on a weekly basis paid off in chapter 1044. I had the best orgasm ever followed by an aneurysm.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
This guy had over 300 confirmed kills.

He would infiltrate German trenches and steal things from them just for fun. His comrades considered him a good luck charm?

Got another idea for a bio like this? Some snake eater I'm not aware of?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I can't even say that for 10 Chapters for Bleach or Naruto or even shit like Gurren Lagann.
If the first 3 episodes don't get you hooked, throw that shit out and find something else.
I see Gurren Lagann out of context and you have my full attention. 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back