• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #22: Back in the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
this year, aside the many deaths that many celebrities had, they still people obviously, they ain't dif or superior to common people at all, people really need to understand this

2022 was a real tough year, at all aspects, worldwide, many people have lost their lives, for various reasons, poverty has increased, the politician madness increases, the hatred between people, sadly increases, misery exists, betrayal increases, etc

for

good

or

bad

reasons

i ain't the one to decide it, and nobody is, obviously

but they are impactful though, ngl, the mood changes a lot when you read or heard stuff like that

call it cheesy or not, eventually i always believe in positivity and hope, despite being raw or cynical, at various matters

try and cherish the simple things, and try to improve yourself without hurting you or others, be good to those who treat you well, move on, with things you don't like, without feeling resent, don't create an inner alt persona you don't want to have, let it go and move on

it's really that simple

may God be with you gents and with everyone, peace

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member

respect to austin for properly paying his respects despite the past beef they had, paying his respects like a proper human being with emotions, keeping it real and all

that's how adults actually behave, despite their difs

even toei animation was paying their respects according to roman :gglife

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
FiA_d34VQAAnPZL

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member

respect to austin for properly paying his respects despite the past beef they had, paying his respects like a proper human being with emotions, keeping it real and all

that's how adults actually behave, despite their difs

Makes me angry at his ex wife. Bitch stole everything from him. House, car, kids, etc. Left him dry, and his family already went through a lot with the passing of his brother and his mother. Good to see the Red Ranger paying respects, but I wish somebody was actually there to help Jason out.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Americans should be banned from Social Media lmao
At this point I can't disagree
Makes me angry at his ex wife. Bitch stole everything from him. House, car, kids, etc. Left him dry, and his family already went through a lot with the passing of his brother and his mother. Good to see the Red Ranger paying respects, but I wish somebody was actually there to help Jason out.
Jason was broken man sadly I wish this never happened

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Then we delivered the whole discourse of our fortunes to him; whereupon he began to tell us likewise of his own adventures, how that he also was a man, by name Endymion, and rapt up long since from the earth as he was asleep, and brought hither, where he was made king of the country, and said it was that region which to us below seemed to be the moon; but he bade us be of good cheer and fear no danger, for we should want nothing we stood in need of: and if the war he was now in hand withal against the sun succeeded fortunately, we should live with him in the highest degree of happiness. Then we asked of him what enemies he had, and the cause of the quarrel: and he answered, Phaethon, the king of the inhabitants of the sun (for that is also peopled as well as the moon), hath made war against us a long time upon this occasion: I once assembled all the poor people and needy persons within my dominions, purposing to send a colony to inhabit the Morning Star, because the country was desert and had nobody dwelling in it. This Phaethon envying, crossed me in my design, and sent his Hippomyrmicks to meet with us in the midway, by whom we were surprised at that time, being not prepared for an encounter, and were forced to retire: now therefore my purpose is once again to denounce war and publish a plantation of people there: if therefore you will participate with us in our expedition, I will furnish you every one with a prime vulture and all armour answerable for service, for to-morrow we must set forwards. With all our hearts, said I, if it please you. Then were we feasted and abode with him, and in the morning arose to set ourselves in-order of battle, for our scouts had given us knowledge that the enemy was at hand. Our forces in number amounted to an hundred thousand, besides such as bare burthens and engineers, and the foot forces and the strange aids: of these, fourscore thousand were Hippogypians, and twenty thousand that rode upon Lachanopters, which is a mighty great fowl, and instead of feathers covered thick over with wort leaves; but their wing feathers were much like the leaves of lettuces: after them were placed the Cenchrobolians and the Scorodomachians: there came also to aid us from the Bear Star thirty thousand Psyllotoxotans, and fifty thousand Anemodromians: these Psyllotoxotans ride upon great fleas, of which they have their denomination, for every flea among them is as big as a dozen elephants: the Anemodromians are footmen, yet flew in the air without feathers in this manner: every man had a large mantle reaching down to his foot, which the wind blowing against, filled it like a sail, and they were carried along as if they had been boats: the most part of these in fight were targeteers. It was said also that there were expected from the stars over Cappadocia threescore and ten thousand Struthobalanians and five thousand Hippogeranians, but I had no sight of them, for they were not yet come, and therefore I durst write nothing, though wonderful and incredible reports were given out of them. This was the number of Endymion's army; the furniture was all alike; their helmets of bean hulls, which are great with them and very strong; their breastplates all of lupins cut into scales, for they take the shells of lupins, and fastening them together, make breastplates of them which are impenetrable and as hard as any horn: their shields and swords like to ours in Greece: and when the time of battle was come, they were ordered in this manner. The right wing was supplied by the Hippogypians, where the king himself was in person with the choicest soldiers in the army, among whom we also were ranged: the Lachanopters made the left wing, and the aids were placed in the main battle as every man's fortune fell: the foot, which in number were about six thousand myriads, were disposed of in this manner: there are many spiders in those parts of mighty bigness, every one in quantity exceeding one of the Islands Cyclades: these were appointed to spin a web in the air between the Moon and the Morning Star, which was done in an instant, and made a plain champaign upon which the foot forces were planted, who had for their leader Nycterion, the son of Eudianax, and two other associates.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So Iger is back at Disney.

The guy created a huge boom for the company with his acquisitions but they've gone to the well far too many times. Frozen remains Disney's only real innovative master work since the Renaissance. I doubt that will change.

So Iger is back at Disney.

The guy created a huge boom for the company with his acquisitions but they've gone to the well far too many times. Frozen remains Disney's only real innovative master work since the Renaissance. I doubt that will change.

The funny part is that while he did create a huge boom, he also left them with a huge corporate media base that the company legit can't handle in the slightest.
It's going to choke itself out at this point, not helped due to Chapek's ignorance.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, Iger's tenure has been all about splurging on big acquisitions to create a boom but when you can't innovate and the weight of the assets starts to become hard to manage then you're looking down the barrel at long term problems. The bill has come due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back