• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #24: Xmas goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I don't really want to go into my beliefs. I'll just say that no matter what you believe (or don't believe) be nice towards others and the world around you.

Also I don't drink alcohol because of the taste, and I don't see the point of non-alcoholic beer (pretty sure the point of alcohol is to get pissed rather than drinking it for the taste).

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

FMP3tuhUYAIF1dV.jpg

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Man seeing you guys be open about your faith and how you handle living in the world at the moment is something I never would have excepted ten years ago when I first started lurking around NF. It helps me to know that other people in the world are trying to make the best of their time even when things look bleak and it helps me to think about myself and my own beliefs. I definitely want to be better than I am now but am happy I never fell for shit that would hurt my life later if I took it like hard drugs or getting addicted to alcohol. I hope after the holidays are finished I can continue to improve and take my life into better directions by making better use of my time and hopefully get closer to my faith while at it.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I don't really want to go into my beliefs. I'll just say that no matter what you believe (or don't believe) be nice towards others and the world around you.

Also I don't drink alcohol because of the taste, and I don't see the point of non-alcoholic beer (pretty sure the point of alcohol is to get pissed rather than drinking it for the taste).
Just as an added aside to what I said to Blade earlier, when I said I'd get him a drink, I meant anything he'd want, that wasn't alcohol. Not once did I even think of non-alcoholic beer. Personally, and this is purely out of my own bias, my head immediately flashed to milk and orange juice. :mjlol Will be sure to ask him though, should that time arise, as it'd be awkward if I brought him one of those, and he was like, "Boi, I think you alright, but I don't drink that. Sorry.":tupac

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Just as an added aside to what I said to Blade earlier, when I said I'd get him a drink, I meant anything he'd want, that wasn't alcohol. Not once did I even think of non-alcoholic beer. Personally, and this is purely out of my own bias, my head immediately flashed to milk and orange juice. :mjlol Will be sure to ask him though, should that time arise, as it'd be awkward if I brought him one of those, and he was like, "Boi, I think you alright, but I don't drink that. Sorry.":tupac
I just saw alcohol mentioned and I thought of that. :mjlol Hopefully we can meet face to face in a Good Place one day (just get me a red lemonade).

Maybe one day I'll work it up to talk theology proper with you all, but for now I'll just talk about giant robots, cute girls and scary monsters.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I just saw alcohol mentioned and I thought of that. :mjlol Hopefully we can meet face to face in a Good Place one day (just get me a red lemonade).

Maybe one day I'll work it up to talk theology proper with you all, but for now I'll just talk about giant robots, cute girls and scary monsters.
Read up on Greek Myth, and we can talk about that all day. Or, what's left of the day after talking about Trigger. :mjlol

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Actually I do have something else to say on the subject of religion; C. L Lewis once invoked dimensional tiering to take about Gods love and the Devils hate.
For he had seen already how the pattern grows and how from each world it sprouts into the next through some other dimension. The small external evil which Satan had done in Malacandra was only as a line: the deeper evil he had done in Earth was as a square: if Venus fell, her evil would be a cube — her Redemption beyond conceiving. Yet redeemed she would be.
For he says that the whole solid figure of these enamoured and inter-inanimated circlings was suddenly revealed as the mere superficies of a far vaster pattern in four dimensions, and that figure as the boundary of yet others in other worlds: till suddenly as the movement grew yet swifter, the interweaving yet more ecstatic, the relevance of all to all yet more intense, as dimension was added to dimension and that part of him which could reason and remember was dropped farther and farther behind that part of him which saw, even then, at the very zenith of complexity, complexity was eaten up and faded, as a thin white cloud fades into the hard blue burning of the sky, and a simplicity beyond all comprehension, ancient and young as spring, illimitable, pellucid, drew him with cords of infinite desire into its own stillness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back