• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #24: Xmas goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
70f.jpg
chou_super_robot_wars___ttgl_vs__unicron_by_crisostomo_ibarra_dc6bzp2-fullview.jpg

@OtherGalaxy @Crimson Dragoon

unicron pretending that this punch, hurt him [not even a wound on him], literally megaversal+ acting levels :hestonpls

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

Legally I'm pretty sure the creator of these images would be sued, not the AI.

Cause I posted it before but the AI model doesn't actually save the images, nor data, it simply saves the noise produced by the image (Though I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to argue that that's still data) (Also this is for SD, I'm unsure if MJ works the same way)

And the one creating the image, is the human.

Well, the AI is creating the art, but the human is the one who told it to, so the human should be the one getting sued, not the ai.

That's my interpretation at least, I could be wrong. Especially since if the images are on public domain, technically speaking legally the human who used the ai to create them also doesn't own the images as well.

Like, say someone drew Mickey Mouse on Medibang and sold the art, so Disney sues him, does that mean they should also sue Medibang Paint cause he drew Mickey Mouse with their app?

That's how I see AI art, sure the AI is doing way more than Medibang, but it's still the human who used the AI to create a copyrighted character, and decided to sell the art.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Absolutely disgusting, I have no problem with people hating on AI art because it can do their jobs a million times faster.

But inciting people to commit a crime, especially against a company known to be extremely cutthroat about this stuff, is just pure incel shit.

Specially more likely than not, the AI wouldn't be the one getting sued, it would be the people selling the art.

Legally I'm pretty sure the creator of these images would be sued, not the AI.

Cause I posted it before but the AI model doesn't actually save the images, nor data, it simply saves the noise produced by the image (Though I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to argue that that's still data) (Also this is for SD, I'm unsure if MJ works the same way)

And the one creating the image, is the human.

Well, the AI is creating the art, but the human is the one who told it to, so the human should be the one getting sued, not the ai.

That's my interpretation at least, I could be wrong. Especially since if the images are on public domain, technically speaking legally the human who used the ai to create them also doesn't own the images as well.

It's honestly not going to go anywhere and if anything, is an absolute legal quagmire especially with Transformative Works and otherwise being in play.
It's just a good amount of artists being jelly that people who can't draw now have the means to atleast express their works and think that their work will always be blatantly stolen like that person with the Raiden Shogun artwork(Which is dumber since we DO have the tools to point out heavily stolen artwork like that as is, meaning their bitching makes little sense).

Absolutely disgusting, I have no problem with people hating on AI art because it can do their jobs a million times faster.

But inciting people to commit a crime, especially against a company known to be extremely cutthroat about this stuff, is just pure incel shit.

Specially more likely than not, the AI wouldn't be the one getting sued, it would be the people selling the art.

Here's the thing about that:

Disney is anal about that shit because they have sole copyright over this shit and know people trying to profit off their shit would take so much money out of their pockets doing so.

By comparison, someone stealing some lower-tier Artist shit isn't going to stop ANYTHING. They are ultimately profiting no real iota if they can't draw someone's shit Fursona anymore than if I want someone to draw the characters I want to make.

AI Art is a goddamned science that can be easily stated to be Art itself if someone goes the whole nine yards, trying to ultimately trademark YOUR OWN ARTWORK to try and stifle AI Art would ultimately DESTROY THE ARTWORLD ITSELF in the same way Music Companies cannibalized the Music Industry as a whole.
These people are that fucking inept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back