• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #25: Merry Christmas!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That's always been the case.
The hate for FFXIII never made any real sense to me outside of the most obvious problem with the linearity and it wasn't like FFXII or X was any less linear(Anyone who believes being able to walk backwards at "any time" is non-linear should be taken out in the back and shot).
X is just as linear I agree but I do also concede to the fact that it is better paced with its story than XIII and it does have more to do, that makes it FEEL like it's less linear, even before you reach the Calm Lands.

As for XII, it DID have a lot more you could explore a lot earlier. While the actual story content was linear (though the same can be said for basically EVERY FF game), I wouldn't say the game as a whole was that linear at least not in the strictest sense of the word.
An actual major problem of XIII is primarily how difficult the battles are vs. how long it takes for you to get the tools to reasonably deal with them.
Yeah both games have pretty bad grindathons required to do the optional stuff/trophies but XIII's is a lot worse because of the upgrade system being so fucking tedious.

XIII's actual story also isn't really that interesting or deep. It really is carried by its cast of characters and their development so the story lives or dies depending on weather the player actually likes the cast or not. It just happened that I did.

All good games in their own right though.

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
hqdefault.jpg

>>>>>>>>>
american-dragon-rev.jpg

Any Jake Long stans here?

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
That's always been the case.
The hate for FFXIII never made any real sense to me outside of the most obvious problem with the linearity and it wasn't like FFXII or X was any less linear(Anyone who believes being able to walk backwards at "any time" is non-linear should be taken out in the back and shot).
An actual major problem of XIII is primarily how difficult the battles are vs. how long it takes for you to get the tools to reasonably deal with them.

The major problems came from it being boring af. The ost, the graphics ect were things everyone liked afair.

You can say that's subjective but the majority opinion was that all of the characters were hella uninteresting and had no redeeming personality traits to speak of. Which is why when XIII-2 came out people were mad the game was short. Because Sera was fun and it managed to get you more invested in what was happening. I never bothred with the third game so I wouldn't know if it kept going in a better direction or not

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Also, to anybody with jobs, I need some advice.

I recently got a checkings account and debit card. And asked my employer to set up direct deposit cause the times to pick up checks is too inopportune for me.

They said it would take 3-4 weeks to set it up and give me my retropay.

It's been around 3 weeks since that time and my checkings account hasn't received any money from them.

I was thinking about asking my supervisor but my parents say to just not worry and just wait, but I'm unsure.

Should I listen and just wait or should I ask?:hm

Especially since I'm gonna try switching job positions soon.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So just got a Security Officer certificate.

Yeah I'm not gonna be cleaning toilets even if it's only temporary part-time, not to insult janitors.

Just in time cause in a week or 2 there's gonna be a job fair at the stadium I work at so I'll apply and switch jobs there.

Gonna get a license soon.
Which certificate?

Most places are gonna require you to get the 8hr pre job training, the 16hr OTJ and then the 8hr annual. You'll need these anyway though if you want the license. Some jobs will help you apply for the license themselves. But double check any job that wants you to pay them in order to help you get the license cause they're usually just scamming you for some extra cash

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Which certificate?

Most places are gonna require you to get the 8hr pre job training, the 16hr OTJ and then the 8hr annual. You'll need these anyway though if you want the license. Some jobs will help you apply for the license themselves. But double check any job that wants you to pay them in order to help you get the license cause they're usually just scamming you for some extra cash
Both, I just did a class that squeezed the 8-hr pretrain and 16hr job training into like 5 hours. And got both certificates.

Tbh it felt very much like a scam but my dad paid for it so I did it.

The major problems came from it being boring af. The ost, the graphics ect were things everyone liked afair.

You can say that's subjective but the majority opinion was that all of the characters were hella uninteresting and had no redeeming personality traits to speak of. Which is why when XIII-2 came out people were mad the game was short. Because Sera was fun and it managed to get you more invested in what was happening. I never bothred with the third game so I wouldn't know if it kept going in a better direction or not

Honestly, I don't usually believe the "majority" since this is usually the same majority that sucked off XV originally because "It wasn't XIII"

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Also, to anybody with jobs, I need some advice.

I recently got a checkings account and debit card. And asked my employer to set up direct deposit cause the times to pick up checks is too inopportune for me.

They said it would take 3-4 weeks to set it up and give me my retropay.

It's been around 3 weeks since that time and my checkings account hasn't received any money from them.

I was thinking about asking my supervisor but my parents say to just not worry and just wait, but I'm unsure.

Should I listen and just wait or should I ask?:hm

Especially since I'm gonna try switching job positions soon.
It usually takes about a month yeah which is why you typically want it set up as soon as possible. You're kinda just gonna have to wait the 4 weeks and then ask

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
It usually takes about a month yeah which is why you typically want it set up as soon as possible. You're kinda just gonna have to wait the 4 weeks and then ask
So if I switch jobs positions they're still required to give me my pay right?

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Both, I just did a class that squeezed the 8-hr pretrain and 16hr job training into like 5 hours. And got both certificates.

Tbh it felt very much like a scam but my dad paid for it so I did it.
Gonna tell you Security in general is a scam. You're gonna pay more for the finger printing and the license

You'll have to replace the annual every year and renew the license every 2 years. Its all pmuch so they can take a little cash from you smh.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Honestly, I don't usually believe the "majority" since this is usually the same majority that sucked off XV originally because "It wasn't XIII"
Same here, although not for any particular reason, I just tend not to have the same opinion as the "majority" do. :maybe

As for XV I found it quite dull to be honest and didn't end up playing much of it. I'll probably play through the whole thing eventually (because you know, I OWN A COPY so I might as well) at some point but I'm in no hurry to do so.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Gonna tell you Security in general is a scam. You're gonna pay more for the finger printing and the license

You'll have to replace the annual every year and renew the license every 2 years. Its all pmuch so they can take a little cash from you smh.
Me and my dad spent over 300$ to sign up for a class in a tiny ass room where there isn't even a TV, just a tiny computer monitor on the wall of the corner of the room. with a cd player that doesn't even work. So that tracks.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Thats what "subjective" means yes. You can disagree, I agree wholeheartedly as did a lot of people

I didn't like xv either though but thats more because I'm fucking tired of every rpg just copying kingdom hearts now. I actually like turn based rpgs. If I want another style of combat I usually go to Star Ocean or the Tales series. But squeenix is just gonna copy and paste this shit on everything they make ow which is why I haven't even bothered with the remake either. But I also know alot of people disagree with me on this too.

Life eh~?

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Me and my dad spent over 300$ to sign up for a class in a tiny ass room. So that tracks.

My nigga they legit scammed you. I dunno about inflation and its been about 5-6 yrs since I last worked security.

But at most the class for the two certificates should have come up to around 80-100. Its usually 45 for each class/certificate so unless they include getting you finger printed and applying for the license they just fuckin scammed you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back