• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #26: Forth Eorlingas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
cm punk's ring of honor career is > his aew one, ningenmind, indeed

yeah, i don't mind ring of honor getting a push again

but

at this point

most of them, really dont know how marketing works

on the other hand, if hunter is still in charge, that aged bulked goose can still play the game, cuz he keeps up with the trends and reads comments from the fans

darby can make it in wwe just fine, he can be the next jeff hardy, his aerial skills and damage soak put to shame most wrestlers from there, lmao

I legit plan on watching Dynamite on Wednesday and NXT on Tuesday(?) to see how much AEW improved and to see how much NXT has changed.
I remember seeing Dynamite once before a few months ago and just wanting it to be over.
I thought WWE's worst fans can be obnoxious but AEW's is INFURIATING, constantly cheering everything, even the most choreographed spots like lemmings and honest to god terrible promos and covering up for wrestlers failures(Jade Cargill has not fucking improved ONE IOTA. WWE would have fired her ass already and even Impact would have thrown her to the wolves).

NXT seems to finally start pulling the trigger to allow Bronn Breaker to go to the big leagues and I want to see the "Pass The Torch" moment happen.

Yeah but Tony Khan is ALSO running that shit and he will basically run both ROH and AEW to the ground due to not hiring anyone to cover up his flaws.
For fuck's sake, even Dixie fucking Carter has hired people to make up for her flaws and atleast made TNA under her feel like you was participating in a family. AEW just has you love it because "It's not WWE"

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
a good manager director/owner who has good morals and ideals, most of the times, lets his ego on the side, and looks what the fans want, that counts for most media, tries to expand his project with good choices, in quality and quantity

chewing the same reused gum and formula of having a ''heated'' rivalry with wwe makes it worse, cuz currently, that rivalry is just made up, wwe still sells way more than aew, and just makes the aew stans look sb levels instead

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

but

at this point

most of them, really dont know how marketing works

on the other hand, if hunter is still in charge, that aged bulked goose can still play the game, cuz he keeps up with the trends and reads comments from the fans

darby can make it in wwe just fine, he can be the next jeff hardy, his aerial skills and damage soak put to shame most wrestlers from there, lmao
It's a dead brand though. Tony using so much of his airtime on it last year really did a lot of damage, aside from the other foolish decisions he made.
I legit plan on watching Dynamite on Wednesday and NXT on Tuesday(?) to see how much AEW improved and to see how much NXT has changed.
I remember seeing Dynamite once before a few months ago and just wanting it to be over.
I thought WWE's worst fans can be obnoxious but AEW's is INFURIATING, constantly cheering everything, even the most choreographed spots like lemmings and honest to god terrible promos and covering up for wrestlers failures(Jade Cargill has not fucking improved ONE IOTA. WWE would have fired her ass already and even Impact would have thrown her to the wolves).

NXT seems to finally start pulling the trigger to allow Bronn Breaker to go to the big leagues and I want to see the "Pass The Torch" moment happen.
It's improved since Full Gear but the past couple of weeks have been a slump. They seem to be in the worst of their usual post-PPV valley.

Which is why I've long said they should have six PPVs a year and not four.

It's improved since Full Gear but the past couple of weeks have been a slump. They seem to be in the worst of their usual post-PPV valley.

Which is why I've long said they should have six PPVs a year and not four.

That's always been one of my major issues with AEW.
4 PPVs may be good in having it be as @Masterblack06 puts it:

"Fresh"

But the issue is that you have SO. MUCH. Deadtime because you have no easy place to put in any real place to have your feuds have a payoff outside of waiting for a PPV way at the end of a Quarter.
So you end up with feuds that not only go nowhere, but constantly overstay their welcome because Tony doesn't know when to fucking end it(Like with Jungle Boy and Christian, yeah we had feuds go on for a long time in WWE but there is a reason monthly PPVs can allow for even Heels to win and keep it going, waiting MONTHS for the same old back and forth only to have a Heel win and keep it going is just infuriating).

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
kratos_vs_asura___wallpaper_version_by_kaijuconvoy_dfnp5ad-pre.jpg

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
It ain't zzzzz anymore. That Rumble was the best in many years. And yeah AEW really, really fucked up in 2022. Had the potential to emerge as a legitimate mainstream competitor with all the momentum they had from that summer of 2021 and Tony Khan ruined it all. Only now have they begun repairing the damage but it'll be a long time, if ever, before they get lightning in a bottle like that again.
My boy Brock should've been in there longer. Having him be in like 3 or so minutes felt cheap. Give him more time to do his thing before you give Bobby the moment by eliminating him. Other than that, I actually genuinely liked the Rumble match.

Moment of the night was tied between Cody winning and Sami smacking Roman in the back with a chair, giving that nigga a full-on flashback to 2014 and The Shield breaking up with how he fell the same way. Its pretty obvious the seed has been firmly planted for the Bloodline falling apart now with Jey going "Fuck this shit, I'm out." rather than attacking Sami like the rest.

Now, those wanting Sami to win the titles - or one of them at least - against Roman at Mania, I firmly disagree with. Guy's entertaining, but he ain't main event championship caliber. Not in my mind, anyway.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
My boy Brock should've been in there longer. Having him be in like 3 or so minutes felt cheap. Give him more time to do his thing before you give Bobby the moment by eliminating him. Other than that, I actually genuinely liked the Rumble match.

Moment of the night was tied between Cody winning and Sami smacking Roman in the back with a chair, giving that nigga a full-on flashback to 2014 and The Shield breaking up with how he fell the same way. Its pretty obvious the seed has been firmly planted for the Bloodline falling apart now with Jey going "Fuck this shit, I'm out." rather than attacking Sami like the rest.

Now, those wanting Sami to win the titles - or one of them at least - against Roman at Mania, I firmly disagree with. Guy's entertaining, but he ain't main event championship caliber. Not in my mind, anyway.
Brock's booking was perfect. He looked good and the feud with Lashley took a step forward.

Moments of the night for me were Asuka's return and the KO/Sami double execution.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

i decided to finally check out the elden ring lyrics translations

im losing my god damn mind over this one
@Atem
fucking MIQUELLA is the gloam eyed queen all this time, and St Trina was him in a previous life. He constantly reincarnates according to this, and was born to Marika and Radagon as Trina before Maliketh killed her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back