• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #26: Forth Eorlingas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re using AI art, use it for yourself. I wouldn’t try and make a profit off of that and sell it to others

I don't think anyone using AI Art wants to use it in that capacity. The main thing people bitch about is losing the potential to make money since people can just be degen using it without needing to pay other terrible artists for the work.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
If you’re using AI art, use it for yourself. I wouldn’t try and make a profit off of that and sell it to others
This. There's no problem if its not trying to make money.

But you do for some I think which is where the contention comes from

Its not like ai stuff hasnt already been used in marketing though. Japan has embraced ai to a degree and essentially just hire artists to clean up the deformities.

This. There's no problem if its not trying to make money.

But you do for some I think which is where the contention comes from

Its not like ai stuff hasnt already been used in marketing though. Japan has embraced ai to a degree and essentially just hire artists to clean up the deformities.

That's honestly what I plan on doing too with my usage of AI Art. I never planned on using it alone to sell my characters, just have it as templates and maybe add in some flourishes in post.
Of course, I need to find artists that aren't asshats and will bitch at the sight of AI Art but there you go.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I don't think anyone using AI Art wants to use it in that capacity. The main thing people bitch about is losing the potential to make money since people can just be degen using it without needing to pay other terrible artists for the work.
Dont think anyone is paying "terrible" artists for work :skully

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
And im suddenly reminded of deviant art. Thanks xhom smfh
In some ways I both loath and miss that site. On one hand it scarred me and made me realize how Girls are often way more perverted and disgusting than Boys, and Boys were already disgusting with all the weird ass fetish shit they get up to, but on the other hand it was a trial by fire for kid me in realizing said fact and becoming stronger for it.

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
You’d be surprised. I’ve already seen “artists” try and sell art made entirely from NovelAi to people

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
the issue is bad artist losing their easy money. Most of the complainers are basically Twitch artist that basically have hold up work to basically make more money from patreon that are paying them monthly for delayed works.

:sips: the real artist are making shit out of it. Like they will generate AI art and work to make it better.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Screenshot_20230201-043917_TikTok.jpg

Jesus christ

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I understood how it works lol but thanks

Again

"Youre honor it just imagined the image it was totally random" would not protect it from copyright law. If it just happens to produce a copyrighted image and said image is then used without the copyright holders consent its still a violation. Sure artists can't claim it's directly "stealing" from them but if it just happens to produce a Superman image in the style of any of dc's artists and someone goes on to use that in any official capacity such as advertising you can bet your ass DC's lawyers are going to hit you with the axtual anti life equation
Except it isn't really imagining it?

1. It wasn't random, the scientists went through multiple generations to make the images, while explicitly skewing the ai into generating these copies, getting the results they wanted.

2. I see it like how normal copyright infringement works, i.e you drew is copyrighted work, so you can be sued but the actual program used wouldn't. I don't think there's a case for suing the ai for "memorization" either, cause the ai doesn't save any images, and the chances of the ai producing a perfect copy of a copyrighted image in a single generation without any sort of skewing is less than a million, the paper itself has said that the chance is extremely low. Only way to get such perfect copies would be by purposefully skewing the ai into generating them, like what the paper said they did.

To the point where they generated million images and didn't find copies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back