• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #27: The Show Must go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
odin_vs_thanos_and_silver_surfer_by_apalomaro_dfb913s-fullview.jpg

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Kenny needs to leave for WWE when his contract is up. He's done everything there is to do outside of it.

If he wants to ever be at WrestleMania, he'll need to.

Or he can have 20 minute matches with Top Flight for the rest of his career. His choice.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It's really funny. I've basically paid attention to AEW these past few weeks as examples of what not to do as a writer.

The Fall of the Fated Queen is better than any story in AEW history and it's going to be my first published work.

Speaking of, follow me on Royal Road for when that time comes. It will be serialized there over about a 6 month period but also be available as an ebook and print book for those who want to read ahead. Obviously I'll promote this more closer to release time.

It's really funny. I've basically paid attention to AEW these past few weeks as examples of what not to do as a writer.

The Fall of the Fated Queen is better than any story in AEW history and it's going to be my first published work.

Speaking of, follow me on Royal Road for when that time comes. It will be serialized there over about a 6 month period but also be available as an ebook and print book for those who want to read ahead. Obviously I'll promote this more closer to release time.

I'll definitely buy the e-book for support and to basically give my thoughts.
I still plan on making my own starter story though and will start on fully establishing my characters and the main acts at the end of February from my mind to paper(or computer) and put them in the OBD Inc. Thread.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'll definitely buy the e-book for support and to basically give my thoughts.
I still plan on making my own starter story though and will start on fully establishing my characters and the main acts at the end of February from my mind to paper(or computer) and put them in the OBD Inc. Thread.
Starter story? You mean a little short preview?

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
After I lay down the MC's,few secondaries and the 3 Act Structure, yeah, I plan on putting down the 1st and 2nd Chapters at the very least and then do the rest on Microsoft Word and thoroughly review it.
OK. So it is the main story.

The Fall of the Fated Queen is a prequel to the one I've been working on for much longer.

And it made me realize that what I essentially have is a Cyberpunk series with certain fantasy elements stretching for over 1,000 years. The Greeks (and Romans), Tolkien, and 80s/90s cyberpunk series were the biggest influences. I don't think anyone's done anything like that before so I'm gonna go full throttle on it.

Speaking of, everyone, I'm outlining three different stories to write next.

1. A cyberpunk romance with geopolitical elements. This one is actually the earliest story in the timeline I've created.
2. A cyberpunk horror with a prototype "smart city" base that becomes a rogue AI.
3. A cyberpunk political and psychological thriller that shines light on how the villain in my MAJOR story began her rise to power.

Which one would you like to see first after The Fall of the Fated Queen? I'll ask again later of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back