• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #27: The Show Must go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
i know. even with the mods for unarmed, its just not the same.
punching was so much fun in obliviion

For real though Oblivion's combat was just a lot better than Skyrim's in general.

-You could attack while jumping AND swimming
-You could cast magic while wielding a two-handed weapon/weapon and shield (I like Skyrim's magic but come on now)
-Different power attacks actually had noticeable effects (I'll gladly take knocking a dude down over dealing 10% more damage any day)
-Unarmed combat actually works
-Two-handed weapons are actually good and don't slow you the fuck down when swinging them
-Blocking actually kinda works
-Equipment durability means you can't just rush through dungeons 24/7, you have to manage your resources
-Spellcrafting in general

I prefer Skyrim as a whole but there's a lot about Oblivion that I do miss (and that we'll likely never see in TES6)
Bruh just running up on dudes swinging like a madman until their fatigue runs out and then just ground and pounding them into oblivion was fucking hilarious.

Spellcrafting was absolutely fucking broken in oblivion.
>Drain Fatigue a million points for 1 second on touch
>watch dudes collapse nigh instantly
>proceed to beat them to death
:hestonpls

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
bro
the mask of eternity in marvel is one broken ass piece of equipment.

The shit lets you become the equal of whomever your facing.

Now that might seem like some nlf bullshit and wouldn't be all that good. Until they show American Chavezz using it to become Equal to Pre-Retcon Beyonder and then have a fist fight with the dude
:hestonpls

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Oh my bad. Did i say Pre-Retcon Beyonder?

I meant Pre-Retcon Beyonder and the fucking Pheonix
main-qimg-427ab682f367c4d2ec60d59a46de1c57-pjlq

can-any-phoenix-expert-tell-me-what-the-desert-in-defenders-v0-mzl2cm1ajl5a1.png

it looks like a fusion of Dark Law and some kinda dragon monster tbh. which is dope as hell
Thought it was a fusion between Dark Law + Albion, the Shrouded Dragon

@Astaro @DestinyDestroyer
Transcendrakes say FUCK THE ARRIVAL
Screenshot_5.png
Not entirely fond of Dinosaurs ever since I returned to the meta due to that Conductor Tyranno flipping my monsters down and the fact they ALWAYS have fucking Dogoran in their opening hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back