• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #27: The Show Must go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Compare his end board to mine at the time the match ended.

Altergeist Hexstia pointing at Marrionetter for 3100 ATK as well as Meluseek on field. Protocol and Personal Spoofing both face up. And a set Infinite Impermanence with Ash and Multifaker in hand.

Literal answer to anything

:hestonpls

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06

what is even going on in this video? does the black white hero card inflict direct damage or something?

Which one, the Neos/Yubel fusion?

Pretty sure it inflicts damage equal to the ATK of the monster it battles, similar to Flame Wingman but doesn't need to actually destroy them to inflict the damage.

Last edited:

Hits the nail on the head.

Honestly, I wouldn't even say it like that either.
The key difference in that scene when Chai tries to figure out how his powers work, he is actually being GENUINE with trying to understand how his powers work... but then he believes it's ridiculous(because we later find out that even the people who make the superpowers have no clue how Chai's ability works) only to then try and grasp the feeling to himself of how his powers come off as.

Meanwhile Forspoken's dialogue is trying to literally downplay the setting, what's going on and constantly pokes fun at itself and never actually tries to take itself seriously. It feels like it's someone whose reading a story projecting themselves into the story and acting like this is how normal people act. When Frey knows she has powers she's constantly cursing, allowing it to completely get her overboard meanwhile the Cuff is trying to explain and we get into the typical "Marvel Movie Quips" that don't help anything.

It doesn't help Forspoken is trying to be a serious story at that but constantly throws you out of it meanwhile Hi-Fi Rush KNOWS it's inherently silly... but it still actually tries selling the world, the characters and the game to you anyway, just like a Saturday Morning Cartoon does.

There's a reason why I bring back the old Marvel Movies but even when their concepts are inherently ridiculous, there is still passion and an effort to sell you what you are watching:

Knew shit like this would start to happen when they started banning books like 1984.

This was happening since the dude actually sold off Harry Potter books without J.K. Rowling's name on them and wasn't immediately sued.

The worst part is that this was always going to happen but people won't know it happened until it's partway through the process.
Guaranteed people are going to be fighting harder for the older books and print meanwhile these crazies want to torch the older books for maximum sensitivity.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
This was happening since the dude actually sold off Harry Potter books without J.K. Rowling's name on them and wasn't immediately sued.
I believe the banning of 1984 was earlier, and way more relevant considering what the book is about.
The worst part is that this was always going to happen but people won't know it happened until it's partway through the process.
Guaranteed people are going to be fighting harder for the older books and print meanwhile these crazies want to torch the older books for maximum sensitivity.
And it all starts with banning them, then reselling them for "sensitive" modern audiences.

I believe the banning of 1984 was earlier, and way more relevant considering what the book is about.

I know that, I'm talking about currently in terms that this was going to be the end result.

And it all starts with banning them, then reselling them for "sensitive" modern audiences.

Which will lead to people burning those "sensitive" books and finding ways to keep the originals preserved.
It was always going to turn out like this, especially when you have Twitter folk usually being in the positions they are to do this in the first place.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Whoever thought up how the winner in a Yu-Gi-Oh match-up is decided on total life points if the timer is up can go fuck themselves.

“Lost” a match today that stopped me from getting Top 4 in locals. Was winning but used Solemn Judgment that left the loser with just slightly more life points than me.

So they won with a rekt board and nothing in hand I was going to easily sweep through next turn
Iirc they made it a rule after dudes would purposely slow play constantly during tournaments and stuff and make games last forever just to annoy their opponents. Some dudes even got banned for it because of how bad it was.

So they ruined it for everyone else

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Iirc they made it a rule after dudes would purposely slow play constantly during tournaments and stuff and make games last forever just to annoy their opponents. Some dudes even got banned for it because of how bad it was.

So they ruined it for everyone else
Than just ban those fuckers. This dude I was playing took forever on the very last turn for a basic play with limited options after I used Solemn Judgment seemingly to make me run out of time on my turn looking back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back