• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #27: The Show Must go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
dragon-ball-bulmas-mom.gif

hottest 80 yr old woman ever

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Ask Toriyama, it was definitely something he cooked up since Battle of The Gods. Let's also be real this isn't the worst pairing he ever made... which was Vegeta/Bulma in the first place and it still feels closer to a booty call then anything else.
Completely disagree. It started out like that but it developing into what it is now is honestly one of the better pairs in DB because it showed them both changing as characters, mostly Vegeta in not being a dick but also Bulma as well. Hell as they are in Super they are far fucking better than Goku and Chichi since there Goku regressed to the point he does not even know what a fucking kiss is anymore.

Completely disagree. It started out like that but it developing into what it is now is honestly one of the better pairs in DB because it showed them both changing as characters, mostly Vegeta in not being a dick but also Bulma as well. Hell as they are in Super they are far fucking better than Goku and Chichi since there Goku regressed to the point he does not even know what a fucking kiss is anymore.

Yeah, it got BETTER but beforehand, it's literally Bulma having sex and a kid with a guy that helped kill 2 people she knew and a bunch of other innocents and Vegeta being an asshole for the entire Cell Saga(Not helped by even Future Bulma being surprised he even cared about Future Trunks in the way he did)

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, it got BETTER but beforehand, it's literally Bulma having sex and a kid with a guy that helped kill 2 people she knew and a bunch of other innocents and Vegeta being an asshole for the entire Cell Saga(Not helped by even Future Bulma being surprised he even cared about Future Trunks in the way he did)
And eventually he mellowed out even at the end of said Saga where he was upset over his son's death showing he was already changing as a character hence Future Bulma being shocked when she heard. He took a while because he was an evil asshole for all his life but he said himself he was losing that part of him when he explained why he let Babidi take over, it's not like he pretended that he did not deserve to go to hell when he sacrificed himself after all he had done but it showed he was finally letting go of that part of him when he acknowledged it and that's where Toriyiama seems to have been planing it from the start.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Honestly, I don't have an issue with the Trunks x Mai shit like people do, just explain that she regressed in age also in mind as well and only recall what she knows as just residual memories.
I don't really have an issue with the Trunks x Mai stuff (not that I'm a fan of it either, I just don't have a problem with it), she was made younger by the dragon so yeah go for it.

My issue with the Pilaf trio in modern Dragon Ball is more with why they're even there in the first place, being crow-barred back into the series, just for the sake of nostalgia and comic relief and not contributing really anything more than that.

Character AIs I have created so far.
  • Ark - Terranigma
  • Caim - Drakengard
  • Dagoth Ur - The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Elminster Aumar - Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms
  • Fiona Goode - American Horror Story: Coven
  • Karin Koenig - Shadow Hearts: Covenant
  • Kasumi - Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden
  • Koudelka Iasant - Koudelka/Shadow Hearts
  • Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
  • Nathan Young - Misfits
  • Brother Nier - Nier Replicant
  • Ryu - Breath of Fire III
  • Theresa - Fable
  • Tir McDohl - Suikoden
  • Vex’ahlia de Rolo - Dungeons & Dragons: Exandria + Critical Role Campaign 1: Vox Machina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back