• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #27: The Show Must go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
if you have a pc/laptop with over 8gb ram and 2gb vram, you good, for most games, for a lot of them actually, if you know how to use your pc's/laptop's potential to the fullest with certain hacks (if you can get a 16gb ram, one is def the best example, cuz stronk specs help after all if you want a really cool gaming exp)

at this point though, even with a 4gb one who is weaker, you can make it slap with some extra hacks, means, you can still play most games from 2010 up to 2022, at lower resolution = 720p or 576p

not to mention, you can emulate most older games too
I'm aware, though I do appreciate the info, nonetheless. Personally have installed emulators for multiple generations on my laptop, and all games seem to be running just fine.

Also no censorship BS, which is a plus, because the people who made the emulations actually give a shit.:mshad

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
fans really deserve legit all the credits for actualy caring and put effort, they the true mvp's

whereas, most of the high budget tier level devs still are greedy and confuse the lads, with their $ bait and false marketing, plus lol denuvo

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Fo4yYhwXsAEr0OM
Putting Engage in the same tier as Final Fantasy Tactics is insane to me.

It's not even the best Fire Emblem game :wow

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
fans really deserve legit all the credits for actualy caring and put effort, they the true mvp's

whereas, most of the high budget tier level devs still are greedy and confuse the lads, with their $ bait and false marketing, plus lol denuvo
There was a time when those devs actually gave a shit. Even Call of Duty devs genuinely cared at one point.

The truly passionate devs in the AAA industry are either in short supply, or in other cases, were kicked out by corpos and their fellow devs who don't have souls, leading to the mind-bendingly bad quality of most AAA games these days, where the only thing on all involved in the process of making it, is the revenue stream, nothing else. If it weren't for genuinely passionate gamers who cared enough to make such emulations, or in other cases, make genuinely fun indy games/mods, gaming would well and truly be dead by now.:wow

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Forget? Shit I literally didn't know it existed until I got hit with a couple of them today, that's how much of a noob I am. :hestonpls

My knowledge of actual Yu-Gi-Oh pretty much exclusively is limited to what I saw in the anime. That's what makes getting into the actual game so hard for me because, most of the cards I thought were super cool in the anime, aren't actually that good in the game unfortunately.
You’ll like Vrains.

The first two major archetypes, Gouki and Trickstar were Tier 1 decks for over a year and Trickstar even needed to get hit on the banlist.

Altergeists was another deck that dipped between Tier 1 and 2 depending on the format and as you can tell by me, are still a strong deck in 2023 if used well.

Salamangreats were one of the best decks in 2018-2019 and likely to get new support in the upcoming Duelist Pack.

Code Talker, Marincess, Rokket (Dragon Link), Sunvine/Sunavalon, @Ignister, etc.

All competitive, if not outright Tier 1 decks at some point.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Firewall Dragon, Yusaku’s initial 2500 ATK ace card, was so broken it got limited and than banned, only brought back with an errata.

The only other protagonist card that even comes close to as meta-defining as Firewall Dragon was Yusei’s Stardust Dragon and even than, Stardust never got bad to the point of needing any sort of hit

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
You’ll like Vrains.

The first two major archetypes, Gouki and Trickstar were Tier 1 decks for over a year and Trickstar even needed to get hit on the banlist.
I did watch a video of a guy talking about if the Trickstar player could have beaten Playmaker. His conclusion was...yes. :maybe

Played a few trickstar players but I'm assuming they were using sub-optimal versions of the deck (or rather, they were sticking to what they saw in the anime) 'cause I actually beat them
Altergeists was another deck that dipped between Tier 1 and 2 depending on the format and as you can tell by me, are still a strong deck in 2023 if used well.

Salamangreats were one of the best decks in 2018-2019 and likely to get new support in the upcoming Duelist Pack.

Code Talker, Marincess, Rokket (Dragon Link), Sunvine/Sunavalon, @Ignister, etc.

All competitive, if not outright Tier 1 decks at some point.
Yeah I need to get back into watching the series again because, If I actually watched Vrains it would probably get me more into the idea of playing these cards.

As it stands though I just look at the Link Structure deck and scratch my head, trying to make heads or tails of it.
Then again I'm pretty much the same way with Yuya's one, but at least there, the dimensional dragons and sorcerers look cool as fuck.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Firewall Dragon, Yusaku’s initial 2500 ATK ace card, was so broken it got limited and than banned, only brought back with an errata.

The only other protagonist card that even comes close to as meta-defining as Firewall Dragon was Yusei’s Stardust Dragon and even than, Stardust never got bad to the point of needing any sort of hit
I heard Black Rose and Ancient Fairy caused a few headaches though. :mjpls

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
super-sonic-sonic.gif

the best cover of this song, sang, by the same dude who sang, vergil's theme in dmc5, guy has amazing voice and overall, this sonic ost, is def top tier levels, almost up there with mgr and the others we know

originally, the song is sang by a popular metalcore lite artist, who is good but this dude made it even cooler

OST is lit

Is Frontiers worth the paper

super-sonic-wyvern.gif

looks fun to me :mjlol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I heard Black Rose and Ancient Fairy caused a few headaches though. :mjpls
I think Black Rose once got Limited? It was always a great card for being a generic Level 7 Synchro that nuked the entire board on summon.

Ancient Fairy Dragon for the longest time was fairly unremarkable among the Signer Dragons. First ever use I saw of it was in Dragon Ruler (well after 5Ds and around the end of Zexal) to resolve 2 Dragon Ravine’s in one turn + plus being Level 7 for Rank 7 Xyz summons and a Dragon to later banish from grave to summon a Ruler.

That all changed as Konami made increasingly overpowered Field Spells and than made Destrudo, a generic Tuner that made it so any deck could make Level 7 Synchros with.

Those combined led to Ancient Fairy’s ban and than errata to where it now only searched Field Spells with a different name than any of the ones you destroyed on field with its effect

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I think Black Rose once got Limited? It was always a great card for being a generic Level 7 Synchro that nuked the entire board on summon.

Ancient Fairy Dragon for the longest time was fairly unremarkable among the Signer Dragons. First ever use I saw of it was in Dragon Ruler to resolve 2 Dragon Ravine’s in one turn + plus being Level 7 for Rank 7 Xyz summons.

That all changed as Konami made increasingly overpowered Field Spells and than made Destrudo, a generic Tuner that made it so any deck could make Level 7 Synchros with.

Those combined led to Ancient Fairy’s ban and than errata to where it now only searched Field Spells with a different name than any of the ones you destroyed on fiend with its effect
Still funny that two of the Signer Dragons who received NO powered up forms whatsoever, ended up banned and/or limited while the ones that DID received said powered up forms never did.

Kind of makes you wonder what a Savior Rose Dragon or Ancient Fairy Dragon Assault Mode would have been like? Sadly, we'll probably never know.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
>reading isekai
>Isekai Walking
>wonder what the fuck this is about
Sora, a Japanese boy who was summoned to another world, gained the skill "Walking". Its effect is that "no matter how much he walks, he never gets tired". Because of this weak skill, the king expelled him from the group of summoned heroes. But when Sora starts walking in another world, he suddenly levels up!Walking had a hidden effect of "gaining 1 EXP for each step taken". He acquired useful skills such as 'Appraisal', 'Alchemy', and healing magic...Getting one skill after another, he became talented just by walking! The adventure to encounter and touch the unknown is about to begin!

>Weak
BRO THE NIGGA GAINS 1 EXP FOR WALKING AND NEVER GETS TIRED WTF DO YOU MEAN WEAK

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Still funny that two of the Signer Dragons who received NO powered up forms whatsoever, ended up banned and/or limited while the ones that DID received said powered up forms never did.

Kind of makes you wonder what a Savior Rose Dragon or Ancient Fairy Dragon Assault Mode would have been like? Sadly, we'll probably never know.
For double the irony, both used by the only 2 females among the Signers when you consider Yugiohs track record of female characters underperforming compared to males.

Ancient Fairy has yet to get her power-up since she just came back. We did get a Level 9 upgrade for Black Rose Dragon though as well as Akiza Legacy support

285017.jpg

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
>reading isekai
>Isekai Walking
>wonder what the fuck this is about

>Weak
BRO THE NIGGA GAINS 1 EXP FOR WALKING AND NEVER GETS TIRED WTF DO YOU MEAN WEAK

The EXP thing was "hidden" :zaru

That's still dumb af if he can get other skills from leveling anyway though. Why not just have him stick around and level grind?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
For double the irony, both used by the only 2 females among the Signers when you consider Yugiohs track record of female characters underperforming compared to males.
Yeah, it's sadly one of the things that Digimon will always hold over Yu-Gi-Oh's head as a series.

Or hell Pokemon as well. Some of Ash's female companions are almost as well-known as he is and shared near-equal billing as protagonists.

Aki really did seem like she was going to break that mold when 5Ds started...and then Crow showed up. :scust
Ancient Fairy has yet to get her power-up since she just came back. We did get a Level 9 upgrade for Black Rose Dragon though as well as Legacy support

285017.jpg
Not sold on the name but DAMN!
> Clears out the Grave Yard
> Wipes the field (provided you used Black Rose)
> Negate Destruction effect + summon/revive Black Rose

NICE! :awesome

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
The EXP thing was "hidden" :zaru

That's still dumb af if he can get other skills from leveling anyway though. Why not just have him stick around and level grind?
At least it wasnt like the other isekai where it suddenly becomes a revenge plot. They just didnt see it as useful so they kicked him out with some money.

Kids in love with the world and is gonna explore it. Im digging it so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back