OBD Convo #29: outskirts nakama dome - no snatching edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Nevermind I may have shat on Big Cass when he was in the WWE as basically being in the shadow of his partner in terms of promos but Impact! did a damn good job in making him a monster...
So why the fuck is Orange Cassidy beating him?! The resident joke wrestler(who shouldn't have won the equivalent of the Intercontinental Championship) at that?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

@Nevermind I may have shat on Big Cass when he was in the WWE as basically being in the shadow of his partner in terms of promos but Impact! did a damn good job in making him a monster...
So why the fuck is Orange Cassidy beating him?! The resident joke wrestler(who shouldn't have won the equivalent of the Intercontinental Championship) at that?

Because Tony Khan is a geek who loves putting other geeks over, rather than actual talent.

And yes, MJF is now officially a geek too, after that incel promo he cut. :wow

Because Tony Khan is a geek who loves putting other geeks over, rather than actual talent.

And yes, MJF is now officially a geek too, after that incel promo he cut. :wow

I watched that entire match... and it's literally ends the same way people bitch about Roman or Brock used to spam signatures again and again... except done seriously and to people that completely dwarf them and the dude is a fucking geek!

Big Bill(Cass) dominated him for most of the match and out of nowhere, OC just wins... like what the fuck is this shit? Not even TNA at it's worst did this... hell, not even WWE at it's worst did this.

Orange Cassidy on TV every week was a big reason why I stopped watching.

Honest to god, love or hate him, there's a reason why casual fans tend to go all over Omos more than someone like Orange Cassidy.
Fuckers love seeing big fucks fighting each other, monster vs. monster and it's why he rarely loses against anyone not as huge as he is without alot of star power behind them.

Even Rey Mysterio at his peak didn't defeat the big guys without making them look like garbage... AEW fans be accepting this nonsense is why they will never grow big. Workrate Wrestling can work... but it won't capture casuals on it's own.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I watched that entire match... and it's literally ends the same way people bitch about Roman or Brock used to spam signatures again and again... except done seriously and to people that completely dwarf them and the dude is a fucking geek!

Big Bill(Cass) dominated him for most of the match and out of nowhere, OC just wins... like what the fuck is this shit? Not even TNA at it's worst did this... hell, not even WWE at it's worst did this.
Your memory must not be the best. WWE absolutely did this with Cena multiple times, where the heel is beating his ass for most of it, then he hits them with the five moves of doom to win. :kobeha

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
When was Cena as skinny as Orange Cassidy? Or was a complete joke character?
R-Truth would beat Orange Cassidy's ass in a fight and you know it.
He wasn't. Cena was jacked, but there were multiple situations where he was against dudes way bigger than him, but he still hit them with the five moves of doom to win, after getting his ass kicked for 90+% of the match. :wow

He wasn't. Cena was jacked, but there were multiple situations where he was against dudes way bigger than him, but he still hit them with the five moves of doom to win, after getting his ass kicked for 90+% of the match. :wow

That may be true but for Cena's look, it still worked. You cannot say the same for Orange Cassidy whose a literal jobber and look as such doing the same thing to someone double his size and width.
It's stupid for Cena to consistently do that, obviously but let's not miss the obvious point I was getting at with someone far, far worse doing that and embarrassing your biggest guy like that.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
That may be true but for Cena's look, it still worked. You cannot say the same for Orange Cassidy whose a literal jobber and look as such doing the same thing to someone double his size and width.
It's stupid for Cena to consistently do that, obviously but let's not miss the obvious point I was getting at with someone far, far worse doing that and embarrassing your biggest guy like that.
You may have a point.

That is, until I have to see Cena, the uncoordinated fuck that he is, running awkwardly to the ring like he has a stick shoved up his ass. :mjlol Cena's 'look' melts away the moment he has to do actual work in a match, and shows, how even after years in the business, his ceiling is incredibly low. As a body-builder, much as I despise him, he's at a solid level. As an athlete?:tupacNah, can't take him seriously at all.

Cena has the initial 'look' over Cassidy, and that's about it. They're both garbage in every other aspect.

You may have a point.

That is, until I have to see Cena, the uncoordinated fuck that he is, running awkwardly to the ring like he has a stick shoved up his ass. :mjlol Cena's 'look' melts away the moment he has to do actual work in a match, and shows, how even after years in the business, his ceiling is incredibly low. As a body-builder, much as I despise him, he's at a solid level. As an athlete?:tupacNah, can't take him seriously at all.

Cena has the initial 'look' over Cassidy, and that's about it. They're both garbage in every other aspect.

Like I get you really, REALLY hate Cena for many reasons I won't contest and I even agree at points...
But you can't pretend that he's similar to Orange Cassidy to where it counts :russ

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
My illustrator's first concept draft for the cover of the Fall of the Fated Queen. The background is wrong but I'm pleased with the character.

Aelia Lampepoa, the title character and tragic hero in the story. I'm getting more emotional than I thought I'd be. This is the first character from my universe I've worked on so long to come to life before my eyes.

3CJj5LJ.jpg

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Like I get you really, REALLY hate Cena for many reasons I won't contest and I even agree at points...
But you can't pretend that he's similar to Orange Cassidy to where it counts :russ
They are both garbage. That is my main point.

Orange Cassidy was a joke from the beginning, who Khan is trying to get folks to take seriously.

Cena was meant to be taken seriously from the beginning, but because he sucks at every aspect of the wrestling game, outside of burying people he didn't like, sounded like a kooky politician in near every promo, amongst other things that I've gone into before, I can never take his bum ass seriously. He'll forever be a joke in my mind.

You can disagree, if you want. That's cool. We all have our own opinions, at the end of the day. :yousmart

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I looked at this in the RWBYcritics sub, refused to believe it was real... yet here it is.
I have never seen a show make itself such a joke like RWBY has... such a fucking shame as it was Monty's child and look at what happened to it.
If there's a heaven, or afterlife in general, and Monty is in it, I can't imagine what would be running through his mind, seeing how badly RT has bastardized his baby. :wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back