• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #30: SHARK SUPREMACY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Couldn't even give God ki users shit like the ability to survive in any climate or conditions, including the vacuum of space, purely off their own energy, or some form of regen. And I mean a consistent one on the latter, not something SSG Goku does once, and then never again, without any explanation. :mjlol
Expecting creativity out this franchise be pitiful 😔
Not necessarily worthless

Ultra Instinct in itself is using god ki. We know through Whis that Goku can reach Grand Priest’s level if he keeps it up, that’s why I said it has a higher power ceiling than normal ki

But eh, it’s all up to Tori to actually go through with that instead of keeping SURPASSEDrus the cat top dog
What happen when u don't plan shit out

Not necessarily worthless

Ultra Instinct in itself is using god ki. We know through Whis that Goku can reach Grand Priest’s level if he keeps it up, that’s why I said it has a higher power ceiling than normal ki

But eh, it’s all up to Tori to actually go through with that instead of keeping SURPASSEDrus the cat top dog

The problem with Beerus continuing to be beyond them... is that we never actually SEE Beerus at full power even once and honestly:

I have no idea how they will be able to do so since... you know, if Goku and Vegeta reach that level, then they can't help but be a threat to the Universe just existing(or multiple) due to just how quickly the Angels stop any real GoD bouts.

So you end up with a terrible Catch-22 in which Toriyama, Toyotaro and the Anime Team keep teasing it but because the latter has no idea and the former is basically in full not giving fucks mode, you end up with this nonsense of Beerus being unsurpassable despite the fact that he technically should have been surpassed by Jiren or Broly by now.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
The problem with Beerus continuing to be beyond them... is that we never actually SEE Beerus at full power even once and honestly:

I have no idea how they will be able to do so since... you know, if Goku and Vegeta reach that level, then they can't help but be a threat to the Universe just existing(or multiple) due to just how quickly the Angels stop any real GoD bouts.

So you end up with a terrible Catch-22 in which Toriyama, Toyotaro and the Anime Team keep teasing it but because the latter has no idea and the former is basically in full not giving fucks mode, you end up with this nonsense of Beerus being unsurpassable despite the fact that he technically should have been surpassed by Jiren or Broly by now.
Yep considering one of the god of death is even weaker the the u22 fighter kind of questions why beerus is so high.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Beerus used his full power in the manga during the exhibition match. Zeno threatened to kill him and the other GoDs on the spot if they didn’t give it their all

Of course the fight was too much for Goku to keep track of so he doesn’t know his true strength yet

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yep considering one of the god of death is even weaker the the u22 fighter kind of questions why beerus is so high.
Beerus’s strength is just retconned

Belmod very clearly harms a fully powered Beerus and makes him bleed in the exhibition match, and is the only one who’s fine by the end of the fight

The whole point was to hype up Jiren since he’s more powerful than Belmod but I guess they changed their mind about his strength

Beerus used his full power in the manga during the exhibition match. Zeno threatened to kill him and the other GoDs on the spot if they didn’t give it their all

Of course the fight was too much for Goku to keep track of so he doesn’t know his true strength yet

Well that's the Manga which basically fucked with the powerlevels constantly to the point they are a bigger mess than Z or the Super Anime.

That's what gets me the most. Either commit or just have Beerus fully show his power for once so we know where he stands and where Whis stands.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Well that's the Manga which basically fucked with the powerlevels constantly to the point they are a bigger mess than Z or the Super Anime.

That's what gets me the most. Either commit or just have Beerus fully show his power for once so we know where he stands and where Whis stands.
The thing with the manga is Toriyama is co-writing it with Toyotaro. He peer reviews it and changes things that Toyotaro originally wanted to put in

The exhibition match was green lit by Tori but I guess that’s been retconned now too

The thing with the manga is Toriyama is co-writing it with Toyotaro. He peer reviews it and changes things that Toyotaro originally wanted to put in

The exhibition match was green lit by Tori but I guess that’s been retconned now too

Like I said before, Toriyama is pure "No Fucks Given" mode because you think you would make it easier for them to know how huge that gulf is but not being able to see them move isn't it.

Goku couldn't see Jiren move either until he got strong enough to do so... so does that mean he's stronger than the GoDs or not?

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Like I said before, Toriyama is pure "No Fucks Given" mode because you think you would make it easier for them to know how huge that gulf is but not being able to see them move isn't it.

Goku couldn't see Jiren move either until he got strong enough to do so... so does that mean he's stronger than the GoDs or not?
That was the original intention, at least

Erijp17XAAEAl2S

Erijp3qXAAoZ657

Next time we see Beerus, he’s bleeding. No one else attacked him at that point. Jiren is stronger than this guy, and Goku became stronger than Jiren

That cat gets retconned more than he deserves

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
rest is anything that makes you confortable.

It doesn't matter if you need to move your body like working out or sleeping.

as long as you make yourself comfortable it's rest.
Its more a mental enxaustion thing, maybe i'm trying to do too many things and not allowing myself to rest enough, if i had money i'd move to the countryside ,the city isnt helping with all this noise. :char

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Best duel of the DM series IMO, just two complete chads boxing the shit out of each other with an awesome card type idea.
Can't even fault them for doing it over a woman because Mai is hot, even if she's a cheap shotting bitch with no gratitude. :maybe

As for Valon not nuking Jinzo earlier. My best explanation for it, is that because his philosophy is "all attack" he didn't want to effectively win due to a defensive play. Also he's trying to determine what Mai sees in Jonouchi so he's dragging it out.

Too bad Mai decides to be a coward and challenge Jonouchi IMMEDIATELY after this, when the guy can barely stand upright, much less duel. How the hell do you "prove you're better" when you only won because your opponent was battered and exhausted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back