• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #34: Outskirts Headcanon Dome is the nu obd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2

:jordangif

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I honestly couldn’t get into Re:Zero after watching the first season. Just didn’t interest me.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
I get why people are hating on The Menu. It's so go damn pretentious it's painful. The villain overreacts in the biggest way, murders a bunch of people, some of whom didn't deserve it, and only finds humanity in a fucking prostitute.

It's like that scene in Seven Psychopaths. Where in the movie within a movie parodies this by having a hooker study at Yale. Specifically to make fun of the idea.

Except instead of being a joke? It's serious. Zero irony. Fuck off, a hooker isn't some example of hidden virtue.

God, for once, treat sex workers as just plain fucked up or crooks. Not as noble saints or some profound everyman or everywoman. Not everyone does sex work. Stop treating it as normal and commonplace, and even good.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
I get why people are hating on The Menu. It's so go damn pretentious it's painful. The villain overreacts in the biggest way, murders a bunch of people, some of whom didn't deserve it, and only finds humanity in a fucking prostitute.

It's like that scene in Seven Psychopaths. Where in the movie within a movie parodies this by having a hooker study at Yale. Specifically to make fun of the idea.

Except instead of being a joke? It's serious. Zero irony. Fuck off, a hooker isn't some example of hidden virtue.

God, for once, treat sex workers as just plain fucked up or crooks. Not as noble saints or some profound everyman or everywoman. Not everyone does sex work. Stop treating it as normal and commonplace, and even good.
dude they want children to be sex worker and the younger audience to symphatize with it no other explanation

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Since when did the US Army begin to adopt the customs of the Emperor's children?

FxkhRYzakAAMLkV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back