• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #35: Nostalgia Experience Requiem time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It is funny though that AEW: Fight Forever had a 50+ Million Dollar Budget... and looks and feels like absolute fucking ass.

Reviews are blowing the fuck out of the game, hardcore AEW fans know the game is ass and even NewLegacyInc, who tends to try and find the best and goofy shit... only played the game for a little over 2 hours:

This is significant considering their WWE 2K Midnight Release Streams tend to go for 4-5 Hours MINIMUM even before they go into Career Mode.
What makes this shit funnier? AEW's Career Mode literally sucks their own fucking dick
@Derpmaster9000 @Nevermind @Darth Nihilus
It's been confirmed that's the case, it's not a fucking lie at all:
38ohzbelqs8b1.jpg

:risigif
:jordangif :maury :heston :garrett

Supposedly the game was the only reason why AEW wasn't profitable yet. What a waste of money.

Damn I might as well have a starting class too shit

Ehh I still think 2K19 was the last great wrestling game

The latter may be the case but looking at the game... it looks like ass.
It's literally No Mercy in too many respects but for a modern age(aka Entrances that begin and end at just the beginning of the Titantron Entrance, it's way too easy to get finishers and signatures and there is basically No DQ on by default) but at the same time, it's an absolute wreck(The controls seem completely flaky AND clunky at once as I have seen more than once that who you are targeting will switch on a dime at random, glitches galore and easy to trigger, very little game modes, Career Mode is basically No Mercy tier, etc, etc,)

Like the game looks and play like an indie game rather than a game that was given a 50+ million dollar budget which is absolutely insane for today.

@Darth Nihilus Man, if this user from the Wrestling Forum Nevermind is in is true...

So, from a friend of mine that's played it, apparently you can't make your CAW taller than 5'10, or weigh more than 210 lbs. Also, he alleges that you have to hit your finisher more than thrice times just to get a 2 count and that if you hit a big move every opponent no-sells just to get their moves in to trigger the 5* platinum trophy.

If that's true, get this gay shit out of here but I swear that has to be a lie, pointblank.

aewfightforeverclip2_adobeexpress-gif.176431

Apparently the Pinning system is broken as hell too as you literally cannot break out of pins after awhile even if you are fully healthy and going insane on the buttons... I think this is legit the worst Wrestling Game in a decade.

Sucks because I've been playing it for 5 hrs straight and I love the gameplay overall. It's much more fun than the 2K games in my opinion.

Biggest issues:

Matches are wayyy too short b/c of the shitty pin system. Often ends abruptly b/c the AI will pin you after a headlock takeover and you sometimes can't kick out. You can NEVER kick out of a signature of finisher based on my 5 hrs of gameplay (those who complain about finishers not ending matches might actually enjoy this).

The tag matches are unplayable because the AI will break your pin attempt 95% of the time. Your partner won't intercept the breakup because for some weird reason their running strike don't connect when the AI is in motion to break up your pin. After 30 min I just ended the match all together. They don't even offer a "Tornado Tag" option, so there's absolutely no way to circumvent the problem.

Records seem broken. For example: Lost a match with Darby and it gave me (0-1) and then when I won a match with Darby his record went to (1-0) instead of (1-1). This is a minor gripe but still annoying.

^^^

If this shit gets patched then I'd consider the game a winner. I don't care about the Creation Suite (only care about it in Fire Pro) and the mini games don't affect the gameplay at all. It does feel like the N64 wrestling games, and I appreciate how they made most of the wrestlers feel unique to play as. I haven't even touched Road To Elite yet but it looks fun.

jeffhardy-jpg.176440

lmaolmao-jpg.176441

Seems like more people are having fun with using the Career Mode for shit like this

"I watched a guy playing through the career mode, it was playable but a lot of it was comically bad.
The opponent froze up completely when he attacked a guy on the ramp in a gauntlet match, meaning he just had to quit. One of the matches was a 3 on 1 handicap match, the guy was being pinned and his opponent's teammates kept jumping in to break up the pin but failing to do so.
One of the minigames was spot the difference, you genuinely couldn't tell the difference even after they told you were they were.
Few of the matches really felt like they had anything to do with each other. The guy won the tag team titles but it was just never mentioned again. He'd go on to form several tag teams throughout the game with no reference to his old partner. He smashed an opponent and was sat having dinner with him the next day.
Towards the end he lost a fatal four way match. The next match he was put into a world title main event apropos of nothing, which was also fatal four way. He lost and there was no option to restart the match, the career mode just ended.
Most of it had no voice acting, there was no commentary."

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

@Derpmaster9000 @Darth Nihilus @Nevermind
I wish I could show you guys the GameFAQs Wrestling Board going full on cringe sucking CM Punk's dick for this absolutely stupid display and just making shit up to shit on Dutch for his take because "He's a Republican".

Like you shouldn't give a shit about your audience if a wrestler says shit like this and they feel uncomfortable about it... despite the fact that CM Punk is literally despised anywhere that's not Chicago(He was booed out the building in Forbidden Door 2). Like yeah? How about you DON'T say shit out of hand that can offend people and stop them from watching your product, especially when they do this shit. Vince McMahon would have fired his ass immediately for doing this as he's basically going to town for himself.

For going this hard, if Punk did this shit in WWE, McMahon might just go full nuclear, and not just fire Punk for his retardation, but give him the Benoit treatment, where he's effectively erased from the WWE history books, title reigns and all, as his name alone would be a stain, at that point. Literal, confirmed promoter of child abuse and groomers, as well as, one could even argue, outright pedophilia.

Any wrestler defending Punk also needs their closets checked for skeletons, because I guarantee you they're there. :scust
Cm Queer being nothing but old washed up has been is truly a site to see I wished he was in the UFC getting rekt by best buy employees

I never understood people who genuinely think what Disney does with heroes of the past is anyway something you shouldn't take for granted.
The concept isn't even unique and it's been used since time immemorial but the key difference was to get the "jaded hero" to ultimately realize again what they fought for was just all along and get them back in the saddle(Whether they die after that through sacrifice or survive and follow their ideals with a blazing heart depends on the writer) vs. Disney which basically has the Jaded Hero remain jaded and die alone and disgraced while the newer hero doesn't give a shit and is truly successful.

Like in the old days, these stories would be thrown out and burned for the trash they are... and to be fair, so are these ones by most people :risigif
But it truly shows just how badly Hollywood is out of ideas and throw around so much money they have to resort to shit like this to even hope they can break even AND get their terrible scripts out there.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
>Ff16 sold 3 mil on ps5

Completely deserved. Give Yoshi P more opportunities to make Final fantasy games.
Uh how about no.

Look I'm not saying the game is bad or that it doesn't deserve the success it's had. It's good, but it ISN'T a Final Fantasy game, be it in tone, gameplay or basically anything else except the names of the summons. If I wanted to play a super dark Western influenced Devil May Cry, I would fucking play God of War or Witcher or games like that.

When I play Final Fantasy, I expect to actually be fucking playing Final Fantasy, which is not what this is. It's a game with the Final Fantasy name, that is DESPERATELY trying to be anything BUT Final Fantasy. If this had been it's own thing or a spin off, I would agree with you in terms of giving Yoshi P more games in a similar vain, but it's not and therefore I don't.

They had their little experiment, now I would like the next Final Fantasy to actually be a Final Fantasy game in terms of both gameplay and tone. If Yoshi P ain't willing or able to make anything like that, then I don't want him anywhere near a potential Final Fantasy XVII. It's a simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back