OBD Convo #36: The Orca Scrolls Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2

90s kenshin will always be better for me though, cuz of nostalgia and 90s art, imo 🤷‍♂️ its just that some series are too classic, no matter if they manage to make a decent remake series

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
e840e56fcaba64921141b4bdedca2125.jpg

sasuke here is like a filler char approved by kishi, who is revealed to be minato's other older son who was missing, and is naruto's twin older brother, yet can't be canon, cuz he appears only in anime filler arc :heston :mjlol

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Everybody's designs got changed again except for Miles and they all look worse than they did in the OG PS4 version IMO.
Looks like Venom is gonna be Harry Osborn in this game, looking to "heal the world" but presumably going to go too far once the symbiote latches on to him.

Eh I suppose it's maximum make Peter miserable levels as Harry is his best friend, which does fit the brand. Though him seemingly being hired by Harry, if I'm understanding the trailer right, just seems like an attempt to copy the first game as Peter worked for Doc Ok there too.

I do wonder what role Kraven is gonna end up playing by the end? Likely gonna try and hunt Venom which should lead to his and Peter's last confrontation (presumably while Miles runs interference on whatever Harry Venom is trying to do). Obviously it's gonna be a 2v1 with Miles and Peter vs Venom so I wonder what major villain Miles'll get a 1v1 with if any?

I'll almost certainly get it at some point 'cause I liked the first game a lot and this still looks like it's gonna be good, I'm just not a fan of the designs of the characters (at least out of their suits anway, the suits themselves look fine).

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

So apparently somebody got "dogpiled" for calling Luffy a "Terrorist"?

Because apparently people can't understand that, within the context of One Piece at least, being a terrorist (which Luffy absolutely is) is actually a good thing because the World Government is outright evil and that the guy didn't mean it in terms of "you should dislike Luffy". The Revolutionaries for example are very obviously terrorists and they are pretty much universally portrayed as characters you should like.

What I disagree with the guy making the video on with regards to this, is the idea that Luffy is "too stupid to understand" that his actions, whatever his intent may otherwise be, are political. I think Luffy understands that fine, otherwise we wouldn't have scenes like in Enies Lobby where he deliberately and openly declares war on the World Government by burning their flag. That's a very deliberate political message being sent by Luffy there.

Basically there's a fine line between not understanding and not caring about the politics, Luffy tends to veer towards the latter.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

So apparently somebody got "dogpiled" for calling Luffy a "Terrorist"?

Because apparently people can't understand that, within the context of One Piece at least, being a terrorist (which Luffy absolutely is) is actually a good thing because the World Government is outright evil and that the guy didn't mean it in terms of "you should dislike Luffy". The Revolutionaries for example are very obviously terrorists and they are pretty much universally portrayed as characters you should like.

What I disagree with the guy making the video on with regards to this, is the idea that Luffy is "too stupid to understand" that his actions, whatever his intent may otherwise be, are political. I think Luffy understands that fine, otherwise we wouldn't have scenes like in Enies Lobby where he deliberately and openly declares war on the World Government by burning their flag. That's a very deliberate political message being sent by Luffy there.

Basically there's a fine line between not understanding and not caring about the politics, Luffy tends to veer towards the latter.

Its because its Hassan saying it and Hassan is the same clown that said america deserved 911

no one is gonna take anything he says seriously

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Its because its Hassan saying it and Hassan is the same clown that said america deserved 911
DAMN that's fucked up. :pepetrified
What a piece of shit. :scust
no one is gonna take anything he says seriously
Ah well I didn't know who he was, I was just addressing the denial of the idea that Luffy is a terrorist in the first place is pretty silly 'cause he definitely is.

It's just not a bad thing in this context because the World Government are evil motherfuckers and Luffy never goes after innocent people.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
DAMN that's fucked up. :pepetrified
What a piece of shit. :scust

Ah well I didn't know who he was, I was just addressing the denial of the idea that Luffy is a terrorist in the first place is pretty silly 'cause he definitely is.

It's just not a bad thing in this context because the World Government are evil motherfuckers and Luffy never goes after innocent people.
Yeah the man is a straight clown 99% of the time

But yeah luffy is 100% a terrorist when you think about it
:hestonpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back