• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #39: never give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Got SRW 30 anyone played it before?
You guys have any recommendation on how to upgrade and which robo is good to use?

:pepesip

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
Got SRW 30 anyone played it before?
You guys have any recommendation on how to upgrade and which robo is good to use?

:pepesip

62bc45e090699b1385cef6c4eabdd5e4.jpg

:mjpls

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Man this chapter found a way to disappoint me even more...

Not even talking about the whole love shit.

0236-005.png

But it's still trash

But like apparently Gojo is isolated and lonely...

0236-004.png

What :dafuq ?

Bro, you have Shoko, you have Gakuganji, utahime, your students, hell fucking ijichi. What the hell are you talking bout being "lonely".

Like he literally just trashed his relationships to all of his friends except Geto with this line comparing them to flowers.

Telling Megumi about Toji?

0236-003.png

Apparently he doesn't care enough to tell him himself.

0236-007.png

So Gojo's motivation to being a jujutsu sorcerer is simply for the kick of it? What was the Hidden Inventory arc about then?

Like this chapter makes Gojo go from someone who was hailed as the strongest, got humbled, realized that the Jujutsu system was shit but couldn't be changed by destroying everything so instead using his power to protect and raise the new gen to be better then him.

To

A psychopathic idiot who had a lot of power, didn't care about anything but himself, Geto and Sukuna, and only kept being a jujutsu sorcerer for the high, nothing else...

Wtf.

But I'm going to be honest @Thegoldenboy2188 that shit is beyond fucking embarrassing and a general issue I see with certain authors:

If you hate the character you made, then that's a major fault of yourself, not of the character. Kubo Tite loves the everliving shit out of Mayuri to the detriment of Uryu's development to an extent but that's only in the concept of Mayuri's past sins vs. Kubo wanting to go down with him being a Necessary Evil of the Soul Society(as before, he was just going to be an enemy Uryu would overcome) as he felt it would be better off for him instead.

The sheer fact that Gege didn't just loathe Gojo enough to kill him, but turn him into a Sukuna simp, completely destroy his character for shallow pathos is some true next level bullshit. Hell, even looking at list of creators who hated their characters, it was usually for their own mistakes and realizing they made the characters too shallow or made them with traits they hated. For Gojo, it's obvious Gege hated him from the jump and then reinforced it by then KEEPING those traits just so he can have this basically tear him apart despite unknowingly giving him depth despite that.

It's literally the John Walker Effect all over again.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
But I'm going to be honest @Thegoldenboy2188 that shit is beyond fucking embarrassing and a general issue I see with certain authors:

If you hate the character you made, then that's a major fault of yourself, not of the character. Kubo Tite loves the everliving shit out of Mayuri to the detriment of Uryu's development to an extent but that's only in the concept of Mayuri's past sins vs. Kubo wanting to go down with him being a Necessary Evil of the Soul Society(as before, he was just going to be an enemy Uryu would overcome) as he felt it would be better off for him instead.

The sheer fact that Gege didn't just loathe Gojo enough to kill him, but turn him into a Sukuna simp, completely destroy his character for shallow pathos is some true next level bullshit. Hell, even looking at list of creators who hated their characters, it was usually for their own mistakes and realizing they made the characters too shallow or made them with traits they hated. For Gojo, it's obvious Gege hated him from the jump and then reinforced it by then KEEPING those traits just so he can have this basically tear him apart despite unknowingly giving him depth despite that.

It's literally the John Walker Effect all over again.
Its even worse considering it invalidates a good portion of the story, what was the fucking point of sealing gojo then? He was just going to feed sukuna his fingers to fight him anyway, kenjaku could just chill somewhere and wait for that

Its even worse considering it invalidates a good portion of the story, what was the fucking point of sealing gojo then? He was just going to feed sukuna his fingers to fight him anyway, kenjaku could just chill somewhere and wait for that

Exactly! There was no reason to unseal Gojo if he was ultimately going to die at the end of it! Just keep his ass sealed for eternity and have him be written out(Especially when you explicitly state and have it be a fail anyway to save him).
Like goddamn, characters have been sealed away forever in fiction before, including Good Guys, Gojo meeting his end that way due to an error makes alot of sense and would fit Gojo's character to the end, not this rubbish that spits upon his legacy.

Honestly, it's this where people should be the most pissed off at.

Honest to god, Gege's assassination of Satoru Gojo to prop up Sukuna's pathetic ass is the absolute worst level of character assassination I have ever seen.
And we have seen some genuine doozies... not even how the author didn't know when to stop with Yujirou Hanma wasn't as bad. Not even Madara's pathetic ass backstory and characterization wasn't as bad.
Like holy shit, can someone think of some worse examples than this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back