• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #39: never give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

In a courtroom unlike any other, the defense attorney Phoenix Wright found himself facing his most extraordinary case yet. The entire universe seemed to tremble under the weight of this trial. On one side of the courtroom stood Galactus, the devourer of worlds, and on the other, the prosecution, led by none other than the legendary ninja, Itachi Uchiha.

The charges were shocking. Itachi, a figure known for his enigmatic past, had been found dead, and all signs pointed to Galactus as the perpetrator. The worlds of Marvel and Naruto had collided in a legal battle that transcended time and space.

Phoenix, with his usual blend of determination and nervousness, took his place at the defense table. Next to him sat none other than Galactus, his towering cosmic presence diminished in the courtroom, his fearsome demeanor replaced by uncertainty. The gallery was packed with characters from both universes, including Iron Man, Naruto, and even the God of Mischief, Loki.

The prosecution began their case, presenting evidence that seemed damning. A surveillance tape showed Galactus hovering near Itachi's last known location, and forensic experts testified to the cosmic energy residue found at the scene. It seemed like an open-and-shut case.

Phoenix knew he needed a miracle. He pored over the evidence, his faithful partner, Maya Fey, at his side. Then, an idea struck him like a bolt of lightning, which was coincidentally a power both universes shared. He decided to call a surprise witness: the Silver Surfer.

The Silver Surfer, herald of Galactus, took the stand and revealed crucial information. He explained that Galactus was nowhere near the scene of the crime at the time of Itachi's death, as he had been dealing with a cosmic crisis on the other side of the universe. The cosmic energy residue was merely a side effect of the immense power Galactus possessed and had nothing to do with the murder.

As the trial unfolded, it became clear that there was more to Itachi's death than met the eye. It was revealed that Itachi had been investigating a cosmic disturbance, possibly linked to the convergence of these two universes. In a shocking twist, evidence pointed to a hidden agenda by an unknown party who wanted to keep the universes separate at all costs.

Phoenix argued passionately that Galactus had been framed, and the true culprit remained at large. The jury, comprised of characters from both Marvel and Naruto, deliberated intensely. Ultimately, they returned with a verdict of not guilty for Galactus.

The courtroom erupted in a mix of cheers and gasps, with some characters celebrating while others vanished in clouds of smoke, disappearing back to their respective worlds. As Galactus left the courtroom, he nodded in gratitude to Phoenix Wright, who had just secured his freedom.

The trial of the devourer of worlds had come to an end, revealing a conspiracy that spanned dimensions. Phoenix Wright had once again proven that in the world of law, even the most cosmic of defendants deserved a fair defense.

The man's just too good

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
robert prob survives too but off panel (inb4 they have him play bigger role later, lol)

also jugram prob takes the L here, but gonna be revived later, in the later fights, cuz if this is truly how his career ends, then he also joins the fraudjo clown crew :hestonpls

overall, its great to see that squad 0 takes the respect back, cuz lore wise, they > gotei captains, by far

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
2-C8524-FA-AE53-4-D6-A-A244-F710-F184-CE57.jpg

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
I have no idea why though. Most weapons are not impressive, and then suddenly you get massively powerful reality warping powers.

Obscenely at that. It's like if a cowboy in a western showed up to a duel with a fucking exterminatus.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
So, I've just found out that the reason Threadmarks seems to have some features missing here is because SpaceBattles hired the developer of the addon to create additional features that aren't available in the official public release—pretty sneaky, right? :blobfacade I also came across a post on their forum recently mentioning that they've brought in additional help for other proposed features. It got me thinking, I'd love to do something similar for OLF in the near future, assuming we have the funding for it. If not, I'll be on the lookout for talented developers who can spare some time from their busy schedules to help us stay competitive in the forum space! Otherwise, I am on my own... for now!! :osoba

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Power Rangers Showrunner: "I'm not a fan of Power Rangers or Super Sentai."

Oh FUCK! :scust

Power Rangers Showrunner: "The show needs to move away from the Japanese/Tokusatsu elements that are keeping it niche in the West."

Excuse me? :really
Did a mostly faithful adaptation of One Piece NOT just come out and be successful in the West?
Is Dragon Ball NOT a world wide phenomenon and has been such for decades?
Is Yu-Gi-Oh! NOT one of the most played and popular TCG's in the world?
Was Power Rangers not THE biggest kids show of the 90s?
Is Pokemon not THE highest grossing media franchise of all fucking time?

Niche my ass, get the fuck out with that shit. :heston

And those fucking suits look ATROCIOUS and cheap, come the fuck on. While they were basically Iron Man Suits, at least it seemed like actual effort was put in to the 2017 movie Power Rangers suits, that right there is some fucking dog shit. It's made worse when you see the actual suits from that Sentai next to them, the Sentai suits look great.

And yes I can see that the Red Ranger is a woman and while that's something I've been asking for, I can already see the warning signs that this is gonna be some woke fucking garbage.

Looks like I'm gonna have to stick to Super Sentai for the foreseeable future.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
@Gordo had me thinking in the Darkrai vs. Nightmare thread.

What if there were AI-powered forum features, where during a debate, you could call upon the AI Gods to troll the fuck out of Bob's threads? :blobfacade

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

Power Rangers Showrunner: "I'm not a fan of Power Rangers or Super Sentai."

Oh FUCK! :scust

Power Rangers Showrunner: "The show needs to move away from the Japanese/Tokusatsu elements that are keeping it niche in the West."

Excuse me? :really
Did a mostly faithful adaptation of One Piece NOT just come out and be successful in the West?
Is Dragon Ball NOT a world wide phenomenon and has been such for decades?
Is Yu-Gi-Oh! NOT one of the most played and popular TCG's in the world?
Was Power Rangers not THE biggest kids show of the 90s?
Is Pokemon not THE highest grossing media franchise of all fucking time?

Niche my ass, get the fuck out with that shit. :heston

And those fucking suits look ATROCIOUS and cheap, come the fuck on. While they were basically Iron Man Suits, at least it seemed like actual effort was put in to the 2017 movie Power Rangers suits, that right there is some fucking dog shit. It's made worse when you see the actual suits from that Sentai next to them, the Sentai suits look great.

And yes I can see that the Red Ranger is a woman and while that's something I've been asking for, I can already see the warning signs that this is gonna be some woke fucking garbage.

Looks like I'm gonna have to stick to Super Sentai for the foreseeable future.

Man they actively hire people that are not a fan, know shit about the genre/series to run these shows

Its obvious they are picking whatever came from japan/inspired and giving their own shitty touch trashing on the original trying to dickride that they are famous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back