• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #40: Back and Forth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

throughout heaven and earth, fubuki alone really is the honored one:tupac

They brought in Yshtola as the hero rep for XIV

and square said it was because she was "more recognizable" than Gaius and Meteor/Ardbert....the guy on the cover for ARR/Cover art for the rest of the expansions and Zenos' actual rival :skully

Like I can understand they can't put in a WoL representative from FFXIV(Even though they could have as they do it for XIV all the time) but it was weird they put in Y'shtola over Thancred, Einstein or someone who is more fitting of a rival to Zenos(Who is primarily the WoL)

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
In their defense, Thancred hadn't become the gunbreaker rep yet so he would have just been a half-baked Rogue/Ninja character.

Estinien and Hien would have prob been the two best choices for Stormblood. Yugiri could have been an ok choice too with her connection to Zenos and her being a more fleshed out Ninja archetype but her VA was murdered :catcry

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
WYM
zenos-ureshiiiiii.gif
she rivals him all right :russ

In their defense, Thancred hadn't become the gunbreaker rep yet so he would have just been a half-baked Rogue/Ninja character.

Estinien and Hien would have prob been the two best choices for Stormblood. Yugiri could have been an ok choice too with her connection to Zenos and her being a more fleshed out Ninja archetype but her VA was murdered :catcry

I keep forgetting that happened to Yugiri's first VA... shit. I was playing during that period too as well.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
FRVvBNNX0AAwSxI

I like that Yajirobe was solely created so Toriyama can give Krillin’s VA a job while Krillin was dead

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
They brought in Yshtola as the hero rep for XIV

and square said it was because she was "more recognizable" than Gaius and Meteor/Ardbert....the guy on the cover for ARR/Cover art for the rest of the expansions and Zenos' actual rival :skully
Man where the fuck is Montblanc. This disrespect for the greatest moggle is wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back