• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #43: Merry Christmas, You Filthy Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
GC3kY0abUAA-imV

LeonLex

Paramount
It's a movie from 2004. The movie is kind of a sequel to the original, The Major is already an AI God.

Section 9 is investigating some incidents concerning some child looking gynoids which malfunctioned and killed some people. Remember, don't fist android girls.

In the last part of the movie Batou and Motoko infiltrate the sub where these gynoids are made. After mowing down down double digits worth of bodies, they find a huge room full of pods.
As it turns out, the bad guys would kidnap kids off the streets, put them in pods, gave them "training", ghost dubbed their brains (which makes a copy of someone's brain, but there's a chance of death) and put them in gynoid bodies so their "clients" can have a "realistic" experience.

Batou and The Major save a little girl who so happens to be the cause of the robots malfunctioning. Apparently her malice made the gynoids go crazy.

For some reason, Batou got mad at said girl for causing the deaths of the gynoids. Not the humans, but the fucking robots.
The girl is trying to defend herself by saying that she wanted to live like a human (and not be trained to be the blueprint for child looking sexbot).
Here's The Major's rebbutal:
We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice. If the dolls also had voices, they would have screamed, "I didn't want to become human."
Which is incredibly dumb considering that said gynoids/doll were feral when not controlled, their "brains" were explicitly stated by The Major herself to be extremely limited, and the gynoids' mind would be copies of the mind of children trained to work in brothels.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Star Wars. Another franchise that just needs to die.

Seriously it might be the most overrated series in history.

With a few exceptions, only the original trilogy was what I would call good. And even then only the first two were true masterpieces. You could already see signs of decline in Return of the Jedi. Almost everything else has bee mediocre at best. And this was before Disney came. Now it's just sad. A zombie franchise. Another sink of monetary, human, and cultural capital by risk-averse producers who can't create anything worthwhile.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
"Game is racist against black people 'cause they didn't put Eddy in yet."
Lerory and Raven look back and forth between each other, suddenly very confused. :whatisthis

Like you think they'd at least check to make sure the roster didn't actually have any black characters on it, so they wouldn't make themselves look fucking idiotic when they talk shit.

And yeah a Japanese made fighting game is going to have Asians as a significant chunk of the cast, who'da thunk huh? Honestly the fact only 12 (14 if you count Kuma and Panda) out of a cast of 32 are actually Asian is pretty good relatively speaking. :maybe

"Game is racist against black people 'cause they didn't put Eddy in yet."
Lerory and Raven look back and forth between each other, suddenly very confused. :whatisthis

Like you think they'd at least check to make sure the roster didn't actually have any black characters on it, so they wouldn't make themselves look fucking idiotic when they talk shit.

And yeah a Japanese made fighting game is going to have Asians as a significant chunk of the cast, who'da thunk huh? Honestly the fact only 12 (14 if you count Kuma and Panda) out of a cast of 32 are actually Asian is pretty good relatively speaking. :maybe

It's funny because are we now classifying Brazilians as Blacks? Because I think generally Brazilians would not take well to being compared to American Blacks in comparison to Leeroy who actually is a Black American and Raven who would be a Black Londoner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back