• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #43: Merry Christmas, You Filthy Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

My mouse stopped working earlier and I had to get a new one, clearly I must not have prayed to it enough. 🙏

Also considering how over-the-top everything is here, I'm guessing his claim that "a single Custodian (the gold ones) MIGHT beat 3 Space Marines by themselves" is underselling it quite a bit. I just have the feeling. :maybe

It depends on the Custode and the Space Marine, not all of them are equally strong.

A Dante or Calgar are stronger than most Custodes but these are some of the strongest Marines that have ever existed.

But a Custode recently managed to defeat a Swarmlord and a Swarmlord almost killed Dante but it was implied that he was a strong Custode.

Now Trajann Valoris is considered the closest thing to a Primarch in the Imperium and before Constantin Valdor (the strongest Custode of all time) was considered almost equal to a Primarch.

But a Random Custode should defeat many Random Marines.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
terrycl.jpg

terry-bogard.jpg

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Can kinda be justified if it's like a few named space marines vs a custode but typically a handful of custodes can take out entire squads of space marines without to much difficulty.
I see
What about the Eversors assassins, 'cause they sounded pretty terrifying. What does it generally take to put down one of those fuckers?

Lazywaka

Illustrious
From what I recall in one encounter it took about 150 space marines to fight roughly 100 eversores. Although that might be underselling the assasins since the Eversors don't work well as a coordinated frontline soldier. Usually they can take down multiple space marines solo.

I do know that a callidus assassin was able to take down multiple nightlords before finally being overwhelmed.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I see
What about the Eversors assassins, 'cause they sounded pretty terrifying. What does it generally take to put down one of those fuckers?
I don't remember any exact comparison but being rarer than the Marines they should be stronger than a random Marine, the thing is that they are used for other purposes, not to mention that they have their fusion bomb which is basically a mini sun to finish off stronger adversaries in case of death.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

So let's have a look at the non-human races.

Chaos Gods/Demons: Just the really cool bad guys, about what I expect.

Eldar/Dark Eldar: Elves but Sci-Fi/the race where I'm most likely to save the last bullet for myself. :geezuspepe

Tyranids: A combination of Xenomorphs, the Flood and Necromorphs on crack and they're just cool.

Orks: The Green Horde of Giga-Chads. :awesome

Nekron: Their backstory, specifically the part where they turned shit around on the Space Gods is kinda based, not gonna lie.

Tau: Looks left and right...Gundams? The Na'vi but actually cool and not stuck in the stone age? NOT being complete dicks?
I know they ain't gonna win 'cause of the nature of this universe and I get why fans of this series don't like them but I'm with these guys, I found my fav. :amazing

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

So let's have a look at the non-human races.

Chaos Gods/Demons: Just the really cool bad guys, about what I expect.

Eldar/Dark Eldar: Elves but Sci-Fi/the race where I'm most likely to save the last bullet for myself. :geezuspepe

Tyranids: A combination of Xenomorphs, the Flood and Necromorphs on crack and they're just cool.

Orks: The Green Horde of Giga-Chads. :awesome

Nekron: Their backstory, specifically the part where they turned shit around on the Space Gods is kinda based, not gonna lie.

Tau: Looks left and right...Gundams? The Na'vi but actually cool and not stuck in the stone age? NOT being complete dicks?
I know they ain't gonna win 'cause of the nature of this universe and I get why fans of this series don't like them but I'm with these guys, I found my fav. :amazing

I have been reading warhammer books slowly to know stuffi can't stand listening to people explaining most of the time

Eldar and Nekrons re usually my favorite factions though

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I have been reading warhammer books slowly to know stuffi can't stand listening to people explaining most of the time

Eldar and Nekrons re usually my favorite factions though
Normally I would prefer to actually read the stuff, it's just that grimdark series like this aren't really my cup of tea but the lore's cool.
It's the same with the FromSoft games for me, I can dig the lore and shit and watch videos on it but I can't really play the games myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back