• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #43: Merry Christmas, You Filthy Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then of course you get the argument that Cereza kept brushing off Luka in Bayonetta 2 as if it means anything, when especially in instances like the kick that they like to keep showing, it was to keep him safe 'cause SHE was continuously getting attacked.

Not to mention the whole "she'll outlive him thing" which was literally given as the reason why she was avoiding committing to it.

Seriously, I don't understand how Bayonetta 3 rushed anything so obvious except to people who constantly try and add in the "LGBT Fanbase", "Trans-Audience Interpretation" and other stupid shit when it's literally JUST the TvTropes Audience.

The first time I knew they was lying their asses off pointblank was looking at the YMMV for Records of Ragnarok and seeing that apparently, fans of it hate Fate/Stay Night and vice versa despite there not being any of that anywhere(Hell, most fans of RoR tend to combine the two and so does FGO fans from Reddit).

My God...

I had to search the character on the wiki. Even the wiki, with all this they/them policy, has Hassan as a he and not as a "them".

TvTropes is a lost cause...

They changed it back but they never actually point out that Zayd is the one who actually runs it(FGO's excuse is that Asako, the female persona, is the only one to be able to communicate to the Master and to all of the other Personas, Zayd's just an asshole) unlike the Fate/Zero entry which does mention it.

This isn't even getting into the "LGBT Fanbase"/"Trans Audience Interpretation" that basically envelops the shit now that is basically just TvTrope's fanbase saying otherwise.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Seriously, I don't understand how Bayonetta 3 rushed anything so obvious except to people who constantly try and add in the "LGBT Fanbase", "Trans-Audience Interpretation" and other stupid shit when it's literally JUST the TvTropes Audience.
Yeah it's hardly "rushed" when pretty much anyone who wasn't deliberately ignoring their interactions up to that point, was just waiting for it to happen.

I mean look at Bayo 1, Cereza falls to her knees devastated when she thinks Balder has killed Luka, to the point she barely reacts AT ALL to him confirming that he was the one who fucked with Jeanne's head and forced her after Cereza.

I don't know how much more blatant the games needed to be with it, especially when you get the rosemary scene at the end.
The first time I knew they was lying their asses off pointblank was looking at the YMMV for Records of Ragnarok and seeing that apparently, fans of it hate Fate/Stay Night and vice versa despite there not being any of that anywhere(Hell, most fans of RoR tend to combine the two and so does FGO fans from Reddit).
Yeah it's like the idea that fans of one can't also be fans of the other and they just ASSUME that they must be at each other's throats.

I mean there are things like Digimon vs Pokemon where some fans argue back and forth but they are a minority. Pretty sure most Digimon fans also like Pokemon, even if they prefer Digimon. I know I do at the very least.

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
7caT7PT.jpg

Bro we fucking need this

Adding Predators too would be sick

(Hell, most fans of RoR tend to combine the two and so does FGO fans from Reddit)
Probably because of the mythical mumbo jumbo

:kermit

I mean there are things like Digimon vs Pokemon where some fans argue back and forth but they are a minority. Pretty sure most Digimon fans also like Pokemon, even if they prefer Digimon. I know I do at the very least.
Most Pokemon fans have openly confessed "Mega Evolution" was most likely ripped off Digimon

:hestonpls

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

I can definitely see the argument that people are more forgiving of Brook being a pervert because he's a skeleton, but I ALSO think it's just because that type of thing is typical in anime and he has enough character outside of that for people to look passed it.

As opposed to the gigantic fuck-up that was the Sanji scene in this same arc which was on another level of fucked up and left a stain on his character moving forward. Not enough to rob him of his fan-base but it was definitely NOT a good look for Sanji in Thriller Bark. :maybe

IF the Live action makes it this far, I strongly suspect the "show me your panties" gags will be removed and Sanji's scene changed, especially given they already toned Sanji's simpyness around women way the hell down. The biggest issue with Sanji they probably wont be able to do anything about is the "don't hit women" thing, 'cause that's a big part of his character and his fans would pitch a fit.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Yeah it's hardly "rushed" when pretty much anyone who wasn't deliberately ignoring their interactions up to that point, was just waiting for it to happen.

I mean look at Bayo 1, Cereza falls to her knees devastated when she thinks Balder has killed Luka, to the point she barely reacts AT ALL to him confirming that he was the one who fucked with Jeanne's head and forced her after Cereza.

I don't know how much more blatant the games needed to be with it, especially when you get the rosemary scene at the end.

Yeah it's like the idea that fans of one can't also be fans of the other and they just ASSUME that they must be at each other's throats.

There's also this line in Bayonetta 1 that people... somehow forgot :tupac

image.png

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Oh I guess Ainz is universe level with infinite speed now, that's cool.

Still gets shut down by a wizard though. :kobeha
Unironically, DBS, both anime and manga, have better arguments for infinite speed. And you want to know how good those are?

Here's a physical representation of it(at least until Tori and Toyo snort enough crack to put something explicit in the series):
I Am Trash GIF by PBS Digital Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back