• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
So in the new Mha chapter it's mainly exposition but it's also stupid at the same time.

So they flashback to Stars fight inside the Afo Vestiges. Somehow she managed to essentially use that moment to time travel to All Might's vestige in the future to point out Ashyraki's inner sad child. I suppose she somehow managed to do this with Izuku in the last chapter and by extension Shiggy.

All Might wakes up, talks about the vision and says that Star may have done that because OFA is becoming "frayed"....no I don't know what that's supposed to mean or matter in this scenario :skully .

Ashyraki says some bullshit about how her Vestige is like the ember of her flame being passed down to th- oh screw it. Forced relevancy, that's all this shit is:jordangif.

Because Izuku can't possibly think for his damn self about Star telling Izuku to give Ashyraki OFA his vestige tells him....to give him OFA. Genius protagonist Izuku is doing some advanced trigonometry here:mjlol.

A vestige talks about a lump on Ashyraki's head being the buildup of his anger, frustration and all that and how it's formed into a layer of impenetrable hatred, somehow there's a crack. This means there's a wound in his consciousness. This means they need to pull a Kingdom hearts and beat him in the inside since he's too strong to beat any other way so I hope you enjoyed the 5 seconds they spent actually fighting after their staring contest. In other words this shit is ending about how I thought it would :skully.

Transferring Ofa will increase the crack in his consciousness until it breaks so they can reach it directly. Luckily for Izuku he can transfer just the quirks that got strengthened by Ofa and not all of Ofa itself or something like that.

The guy that has Gearshift somehow knows that the totally dangerous recoil won't reset if Ashyraki gets it so he'll be more exhausted than Izuku. No I don't know how he knows this.

Izuku talks about how blessed he is to have All Might near them and Shiggy tells them to shut up because apparently these idiots said their plan out loud where he can hear them. Which means PIS is guaranteed to happen.

Time traveling ghosts is basically a thing now. This shit really is Kingdom Hearts.
comeonman.jpg

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

@Adamant soul YuGiOh ain't the only series that has its females get shafted hard. This is the metal series of Beyblade, in the superior japanese version(because Ryuga's voice doesn't sound like he just snorted a dozen balloons' worth of helium, when he speaks :kobeha )

For reference, every other opponent after Hikaru puts up some kind of fight against Ryuga. They stand their ground, before they're ultimately defeated(aside from MC, of course). Hikaru, on the other hand? Straight up took a fat L and nearly pissed herself along the way, before the battle even started, and the only reason Ryuga even bothered to use his beyblade's special move on hers, outside of overkill, when the scene makes it obvious he didn't need to, is because she didn't run away like a pussy, and wanted to give her a 'reward', by one-shotting her brutally after the first exchange, where his bey sent hers flying casually.

This is what I spoke to you about, when you asked about moments like this in other series, besides YuGiOh. And this 'battle' dead-ass gives her PTSD, to the point where, to my recollection, she never battles again. It's also heavily implied in the original jap version, that she temporarily died here, too.:wow

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So in the new Mha chapter it's mainly exposition but it's also stupid at the same time.

So they flashback to Stars fight inside the Afo Vestiges. Somehow she managed to essentially use that moment to time travel to All Might's vestige in the future to point out Ashyraki's inner sad child. I suppose she somehow managed to do this with Izuku in the last chapter and by extension Shiggy.

All Might wakes up, talks about the vision and says that Star may have done that because OFA is becoming "frayed"....no I don't know what that's supposed to mean or matter in this scenario :skully .

Ashyraki says some bullshit about how her Vestige is like the ember of her flame being passed down to th- oh screw it. Forced relevancy, that's all this shit is:jordangif.

Because Izuku can't possibly think for his damn self about Star telling Izuku to give Ashyraki OFA his vestige tells him....to give him OFA. Genius protagonist Izuku is doing some advanced trigonometry here:mjlol.

A vestige talks about a lump on Ashyraki's head being the buildup of his anger, frustration and all that and how it's formed into a layer of impenetrable hatred, somehow there's a crack. This means there's a wound in his consciousness. This means they need to pull a Kingdom hearts and beat him in the inside since he's too strong to beat any other way so I hope you enjoyed the 5 seconds they spent actually fighting after their staring contest. In other words this shit is ending about how I thought it would :skully.

Transferring Ofa will increase the crack in his consciousness until it breaks so they can reach it directly. Luckily for Izuku he can transfer just the quirks that got strengthened by Ofa and not all of Ofa itself or something like that.

The guy that has Gearshift somehow knows that the totally dangerous recoil won't reset if Ashyraki gets it so he'll be more exhausted than Izuku. No I don't know how he knows this.

Izuku talks about how blessed he is to have All Might near them and Shiggy tells them to shut up because apparently these idiots said their plan out loud where he can hear them. Which means PIS is guaranteed to happen.

Time traveling ghosts is basically a thing now. This shit really is Kingdom Hearts.
I'd just like to remind everyone for the record that EVEN Kingdom Hearts (1 at least) simply had the main character BEAT THE PISS out of his possessed best friend when it came down to throw down. :mjpls

Hell 14 year old Sora had literally ZERO issue just straight up killing villains, none of this round a bout reformation bullshit until later and even then, those would come AFTER beating the shit out of them.

All that is to say EVEN Kingdom Hearts at its worst doesn't deserve to be compared to this shit. :kobeha

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

@Adamant soul YuGiOh ain't the only series that has its females get shafted hard. This is the metal series of Beyblade, in the superior japanese version(because Ryuga's voice doesn't sound like he just snorted a dozen balloons' worth of helium, when he speaks :kobeha )

For reference, every other opponent after Hikaru puts up some kind of fight against Ryuga. They stand their ground, before they're ultimately defeated(aside from MC, of course). Hikaru, on the other hand? Straight up took a fat L and nearly pissed herself along the way, before the battle even started, and the only reason Ryuga even bothered to use his beyblade's special move on hers, outside of overkill, when the scene makes it obvious he didn't need to, is because she didn't run away like a pussy, and wanted to give her a 'reward', by one-shotting her brutally after the first exchange, where his bey sent hers flying casually.

This is what I spoke to you about, when you asked about moments like this in other series, besides YuGiOh. And this 'battle' dead-ass gives her PTSD, to the point where, to my recollection, she never battles again. It's also heavily implied in the original jap version, that she temporarily died here, too.:wow

Dude was in her head before she even started.
But yeah that's some major overkill right there and it's no coincidence it happens to the female character. :really

Seriously in any other case, that would be sending her on a character arc to recover and come back with a vengeance, but because she's a girl that's pretty much the end of it right there. I mean I get wanting the antagonist to look strong but this is just a waste if that's actually the end of her.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
My brother in christ, this is gonna end in absolute shit...
Ofa being "Frayed" had me dying. Shit literally means absolutely nothing :skully. This fight is such ass and there barely was even a fight at all. AFO did most of the fighting for him when he was controlling his body:mjlol.
I'd just like to remind everyone for the record that EVEN Kingdom Hearts (1 at least) simply had the main character BEAT THE PISS out of his possessed best friend when it came down to throw down. :mjpls

Hell 14 year old Sora had literally ZERO issue just straight up killing villains, none of this round a bout reformation bullshit until later and even then, those would come AFTER beating the shit out of them.

All that is to say EVEN Kingdom Hearts at its worst doesn't deserve to be compared to this shit. :kobeha
Sora telling Riku he's stupid for doing all his darkness bullshit is a classic. Sora was probably the smarter of the two looking back at it. I was kinda surprised that he was the only one who questioned Riku's whole raft idea.

I think that's what gets me the most. Unlike even Naruto or something Izuku doesn't save this shit for when the enemy has for all he knows been dealt with. He does this shit in the middle of the fight where he and a bunch of other people could get killed. You know not counting the people who have already died that neither he or his girlfriend Uraraka care about. The only person in the series who pulled it off was Shoto because at least that's his brother and even then he mentions that all the lives his brother has taken is unjustifiable. Naruto at least beat Gaara up and talked to Zabuza after Kakashi disabled him and his mercenary contract was made void.

It doesn't help that Izuku's selective about this shit too. The hell was Muscular's time to exposit his backstory and how it led him to this point. A shame Izuku can't see the crying child in him:jordangif.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Dude was in her head before she even started.
But yeah that's some major overkill right there and it's no coincidence it happens to the female character. :really

Seriously in any other case, that would be sending her on a character arc to recover and come back with a vengeance, but because she's a girl that's pretty much the end of it right there. I mean I get wanting the antagonist to look strong but this is just a waste if that's actually the end of her.
It is. She retires when she's revived, and basically becomes the MC's dad's assistant for shit. And the only other time she and Ryuga are within close proximity, when L Drago is released again(in the season after this one), she nearly wets herself a second time and has a full-on PTSD episode, clutching her head and all, and the MC's dad has to console her. :wow

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Sora telling Riku he's stupid for doing all his darkness bullshit is a classic. Sora was probably the smarter of the two looking back at it. I was kinda surprised that he was the only one who questioned Riku's whole raft idea.
That's because Riku WAS being an idiot and Kairi was just looking to go somewhere with Sora hence she didn't question anything. Even suggesting for a moment that the two leave take the raft and leave Riku behind.

Though yeah, the fact that the kid who didn't realize Mulan was a girl (while Goofy did) was the only one who brought up the obvious question of "But how far could a raft take us?" is crazy.

Especially given it catches Riku by surprise so the dude literally wasn't thinking it through at all. :kobeha
I think that's what gets me the most. Unlike even Naruto or something Izuku doesn't save this shit for when the enemy has for all he knows been dealt with. He does this shit in the middle of the fight where he and a bunch of other people could get killed. You know not counting the people who have already died that neither he or his girlfriend Uraraka care about. The only person in the series who pulled it off was Shoto because at least that's his brother and even then he mentions that all the lives his brother has taken is unjustifiable. Naruto at least beat Gaara up and talked to Zabuza after Kakashi disabled him and his mercenary contract was made void.

It doesn't help that Izuku's selective about this shit too. The hell was Muscular's time to exposit his backstory and how it led him to this point. A shame Izuku can't see the crying child in him:jordangif.
Yeah it's like in 02 where the characters all cry like bitches when Oikawa dies, a man none of them (bar Iori) had any reason to give a fuck about and who pretty much brought his fate on himself by sheer stupidity and gullibility.

Yet none of them (except Agumon) gave a fuck when BlackWarGreymon (a much more sympathetic character) died in the act of saving Iori's grandfather's life. :really

King of time

Exceptional

Nick Young Wtf GIF

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Tbf Ryuga gave lots of niggas ptsd :skully

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
How would you help them get that damn Pikachu? :mjpls
I wouldn't I'm dying the first battle :hestonpls
Have the wheel link so i can spin too ? omae wa

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
:mjgrin
Shit, I got Frieza (well truthfully I actually got Vicious but decided to re-spin until I got a villain I knew). :maybe

Honestly any recommendation I give him will likely result in me suffering a horrific death so I'd just keep my mouth shut and mind my own business.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

You have it better than me :kobeha:kobeha

image.png

Tbf Ryuga gave lots of niggas ptsd :skully

I'm honestly mixed unlike the other two when it comes to characters like these. Like yeah, you need a massive introduction to show how much of a true terror the character is... but you also need to show they aren't undefeatable either(Or to do what Kengan Ashura did and just subvert the whole thing and have the villain learn better).
It's funny that it's ONLY the girl that gets destroyed that hard but I wouldn't mind it either if it did extend to more than just her or hell, have her nearly win but everyone else suffers PTSD, tricking you into thinking Ryuga is all bark and no bite until no, she's just that damn good.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I'm honestly mixed unlike the other two when it comes to characters like these. Like yeah, you need a massive introduction to show how much of a true terror the character is... but you also need to show they aren't undefeatable either(Or to do what Kengan Ashura did and just subvert the whole thing and have the villain learn better).
It's funny that it's ONLY the girl that gets destroyed that hard but I wouldn't mind it either if it did extend to more than just her or hell, have her nearly win but everyone else suffers PTSD, tricking you into thinking Ryuga is all bark and no bite until no, she's just that damn good.
To be clear, my issue here doesn't have anything to do with the Ryuga character, he seems fun.

My problem is just with the way the other character was treated, especially given that it was likely BECAUSE she was a girl and shows like this and Yu-Gi-Oh simply have a habit of treating their female cast like complete garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back