• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
Cry Love GIF by Pudgy Penguins

You will cry tears of joy when I fulfill the dream :lit

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
People will fight to the death to try and tell you that Marik was a good duelist. The nigga was 100% ASS
He's good, WHEN HE TAKES HIS OPPONENT SERIOUSLY!

The problem is that he point blank refused to take ANYONE but Yugi/Atem seriously, so the only time we see him go 100% is in the finals which is, not surprisingly pretty much his only good performance as a duelist.

Basically it's less that he was legitimately ass and more that toying with one's opponent just doesn't work in the context of Yu-Gi-Oh!

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
He's good, WHEN HE TAKES HIS OPPONENT SERIOUSLY!

The problem is that he point blank refused to take ANYONE but Yugi/Atem seriously, so the only time we see him go 100% is in the finals which is, not surprisingly pretty much his only good performance as a duelist.

Basically it's less that he was legitimately ass and more that toying with one's opponent just doesn't work in the context of Yu-Gi-Oh!
I mean, it can. Provided you write it correctly. The problem is, with Marik, the writers just didn't, and made him look ass, until his duel with Yugi, where they actually had to try and give him legitimate competence. :mjlol

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I mean, it can. Provided you write it correctly.
Well okay yeah maybe saying it CAN'T work at all was a little much. It CAN work depending on the context, such as Edo/Aster trolling Judai with E-Heroes before saying "fuck this shit" and switching to D-Heroes when he was done playing.

The end result in this case was just not a good look for Marik.
The problem is, with Marik, the writers just didn't, and made him look ass, until his duel with Yugi, where they actually had to try and give him legitimate competence. :mjlol
I mean Marik was the 2nd major arc villain of the OG right, let's compare him to GX's 2nd major arc villain. :maybe

Aka Saiou/Sartorius (well the Light of Destruction but you know what I mean), Mr lolstomped Manjoume/Chazz, Mr one-turn-kill on a random Prince, Mr stomped the shit out of Edo even though he had D-Hero Plasma.

Yeah that just makes Marik look even worse, Saiou was practically untouchable the entire season so as a viewer, you're legitimately questioning how the fuck Judai is going to win and it makes it all the more satisfying when he finally does.

About the only thing Marik has in his favor is his fun crazy attitude and an Egyptian God, though Saiou does have Dio's voice actor and a card named "The World" going for him too so. :mjpls

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Well okay yeah maybe saying it CAN'T work at all was a little much. It CAN work depending on the context, such as Edo/Aster trolling Judai with E-Heroes before saying "fuck this shit" and switching to D-Heroes when he was done playing.

The end result in this case was just not a good look for Marik.

I mean Marik was the 2nd major arc villain of the OG right, let's compare him to GX's 2nd major arc villain. :maybe

Aka Saiou/Sartorius (well the Light of Destruction but you know what I mean), Mr lolstomped Manjoume/Chazz, Mr one-turn-kill on a random Prince, Mr stomped the shit out of Edo even though he had D-Hero Plasma.

Yeah that just makes Marik look even worse, Saiou was practically untouchable the entire season so as a viewer, you're legitimately questioning how the fuck Judai is going to win and it makes it all the more satisfying when he finally does.

About the only thing Marik has in his favor is his fun crazy attitude and an Egyptian God, though Saiou does have Dio's voice actor and a card named "The World" going for him too so. :mjpls
It gets even worse, if we compare Zorc to Yubel, as in duels, through Bakura, Zorc ate nothing but L after L whenever he was in a duel that actually mattered, and wasn't facing complete fodder.

Meanwhile, Yubel fought Jaden/Judai and Johan/Jesse to a standstill, while the former had his buffed deck of neo spatians that could beat Saiou/Sartorius and the latter had gotten Rainbow Dragon.

Then when we get to dark world, Yubel gets back-to-back, legitimate wins against Amon/Adrian and Ryo/Zane(not in that order, obviously), the former of which had come off a huge win against Aster/Edo, using Exodia, and the latter, well, it's god damned Hell Kaiser. Yubel also could've won her first duel with Jaden/Judai, but intentionally held off, just so she could get the Super Poly card, and then in the second duel, it basically ends in a tie, with how it finished, though you could argue Jaden/Judai is the winner there, technically.

That's a way better record than Zorc, by a fucking mile. :jordangif

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It gets even worse, if we compare Zorc to Yubel, as in duels, through Bakura, Zorc ate nothing but L after L whenever he was in a duel that actually mattered, and wasn't facing complete fodder.
In fairness Darkness (aka the actual final boss of GX and therefore it's equivalent to Zorc) was also kind of a jobber throughout the series, losing through Fubuki/Atticus multiple times, losing to Judai as Mr T multiple times and finally losing in his true form.

All his wins are of-screen except for Austin/Axel and Fubuki through Yusuke if you count that, but at least that alone lets him look better than Zorc ever did. :kobeha
Meanwhile, Yubel fought Jaden/Judai and Johan/Jesse to a standstill, while the former had his buffed deck of neo spatians that could beat Saiou/Sartorius and the latter had gotten Rainbow Dragon.

Then when we get to dark world, Yubel gets back-to-back, legitimate wins against Amon/Adrian and Ryo/Zane(not in that order, obviously), the former of which had come off a huge win against Aster/Edo, using Exodia, and the latter, well, it's god damned Hell Kaiser. Yubel also could've won her first duel with Jaden/Judai, but intentionally held off, just so she could get the Super Poly card, and then in the second duel, it basically ends in a tie, with how it finished, though you could argue Jaden/Judai is the winner there, technically.

That's a way better record than Zorc, by a fucking mile. :jordangif
Yubel was a monster in that season in more ways than one, #1 Yu-Gi-Oh villain of all time in my opinion. :awesome

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
tekken 8 broke limits, i am gonna start posting the story mode

this is btw, jin's final and strongest form

maxresdefault.jpg

its known as angel jin, and spoiler, they also can destroy large asteroids and all, so far, from what i saw, they at least continental levels

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
so, lets begin for now, first of all this is the most cinematic/action packed tekken story mode, truly they did their best, cheesy but very anime like

- the entire prologue, is like the previous time, first fight between jin and kaz, i posted what happened and all the previous time, and also the first low country level feat by majin kaz, near the end of their fight

- lars tests also jin, cuz jin was still on recovery before entering the new tournament, and he wanted to see if jin was ready, lars actually managed to beat rather fine a confused base jin, who still was on recovery, on the mentally part mostly, in other words, lars is also first fight against kaz-base jin levels, nice zenkai, as we see, lars wasnt also serious, it was a test, and lars was holding back against this version of jin, and jin still lost, if lars weak, he would lose against this jin too, but lars didnt lose, so yeah, he is def a peer to a proper healthy mentally stable base jin too, nothing new to be suprised, lars is one of the high tiers as well

- after their fight, many days letter, the new tournament is made, and all, jin fights against reina, reina fights fairy well against base jin, but jin wins in the end, in his majin state, with one hit, cuz, reina wanted mostly to find out how he becomes majin, his secret, for her own reasons, she is at least first fight against kaz-base jin levels, for now, pmuch, despite getting casually overpowered by majin jin, she also, didnt put use of all of her power, despite admiting defeat, she kinda tricky

- later, its jin vs hwo, jin finds against his motivation as he fights hwo, got mc zenkai and all, but hwo still is stronger than him, at some point, jin uses his controlled majin state, hwo fights fairy well against that version, but in the end, as expected hwo got overpowered, but its not like hwo was badly damaged or all, he was ready to fight, while taunting, so yeah, hwo > controlled majin jin in his first fight against kaz, after all, hwo is the same gai who beat a rampaging majin jin. in the middle east, a bit before the events of t8

- next is jin vs leo, lol leo, obv jin won, even in base, but props to leo i guess, for fighting for a while against base jin, lol

and they also explain how to fight against kaz and all, meanwhile reina has her own motives and all, i will post later the rest of the chaps

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
People will fight to the death to try and tell you that Marik was a good duelist. The nigga was 100% ASS
He was absolutely a good deulist when he faced Atem

The writers just waited for him to use his skills on the big dog instead

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
angel jin vs true majin kaz, create a giant explosion, ala proud fist kazuma vs ryuhou from scryed in the space, which is continental+ to unknown degree, in the width and all, so yeah, they easily top tiers in sf, just fine

i will post the rest of the chaps later, dont rush, enjoy the harada ride, tekken reached its peak potential, at all aspects, sf6 stans are salty and cope, cuz tekken 8 already overpowered them, in game traffic and all, lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back