• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
dgrgiez-66296e39-dab5-4fc4-8f0a-0242de3e74a6.jpg

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
overall

the story mode of t8, despite the hd action/cinematics, it was literally a battle shonen anime arc, it had cliche tropes/moments and all, it felt like a mix of bleach, dbz, metal gear, yyh and final fantasy, at the same time, lmao

I would dare say that they directly referenced shonens nekketsu.

The scene of Kazuya's attack causing a volcanic eruption, throwing a huge rock into space next to them is a reference to Jojos defeating Kars.

Angel Jin & Devil Kazuya's clash looks a lot like Ichigo Bankai & Byakuya Shukei Hakuteiken's clash.

When Jin talks to Devil Jin meditating, the setting and conversation is very similar to when Yuji & Sukuna made the contract in JjK.

And the end with Jin & Kazuya who cannot transform and fight only with blows is very similar to the end of the Naruto vs Sasuke fight, until the destroyed stage and Jin's final blow remembering all his friends is the same as Naruto throwing his last rasengan against Sasuke.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Something I like about Tekken 8's story mode is how, during the actual tournament section, you get to choose who you want to play as for most of the matches.

Also that they worked in Tekken Force sequences into the big battle near the end. They obviously had the good sense to not make that the whole mode (coughTekken6cough) but it was still nice to see it there.

Overall, shounen anime arc or not, it beats the shit out of Neatherrealm's story modes by a country mile. Not exactly a high bar I know but still needs to be said. :maybe

literally, after the ogre event, she went living in a kazama like shrine, where she led ogre there, and barely defeated him, that time, and after that, she became a guardian like entity for that place

plus, she is the one who also appears next to defeated kaz, after the final fight with jin, she still liked her fam, despite all of this

Ah, so she's literally stuck in one place then and can't leave it... that actually makes a hell of alot of sense.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
palworld is rec'd on my youtube vids

takes a look*

i am like ZzzZz

kay

back to find more games for my emulators :mjlol

I'm having fun with it, but it's mostly because I'm doing it with friends and also I haven't played pokemon in forever so "creature collector" isn't really worn out for me.

It takes way too long to get guns though :skully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back