• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Nintendo doesn't give a shit, palworld isn't gonna put a dent in Pokémon numbers

GameFreak 100% ain't gonna give a shit
actually nintendo 100% going to give a shit if pokemon IP is touched.

There's literally a lot of example where they do so even if it's the smallest thing.

Monetized or not.

:eksip Seriously Nintendo even sent a cease and desist for Pixelmon a Minecraft pokemon mod. Modder just went well we don't care we will use the assets etc. Just one of the examples.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
If Nintendo, who is known for suing anyone for copyright infringement is at a level only matched by DIsney, hasn't already sued Palworld by now, then it's safe to say Palword did nothing wrong. :char
Also reminder that the palworld office building is literally a 5 km walk from Nintendo building in Japan.

:skully So yea if Palworld literally did something wrong nintendo's lawyer would be Literally walking and knocking on their door.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Nintendo doesn't give a shit, palworld isn't gonna put a dent in Pokémon numbers

GameFreak 100% ain't gonna give a shit

They're ultra-protective of their IP's, but they also know their limits. If anything the degree to which they know their limits is why they're so trigger-happy, because the moment you step a micro-meter out of the gray zone they're ready for you

But Palworld has clearly stayed inside that zone, and if it actually reaches the point that they become a competitor somehow.....Nintendo will just buy them out

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

There's literally a lot of example where they do so even if it's the smallest thing.

Monetized or not.

:eksip Seriously Nintendo even sent a cease and desist for Pixelmon a Minecraft pokemon mod. Modder just went well we don't care we will use the assets etc. Just one of the examples.

They're ultra-protective of their IP's, but they also know their limits. If anything the degree to which they know their limits is why they're so trigger-happy, because the moment you step a micro-meter out of the gray zone they're ready for you

But Palworld has clearly stayed inside that zone, and if it actually reaches the point that they become a competitor somehow.....Nintendo will just buy them out
I meant if palworld didn't do anything. I didn't have time to finish the thought cause I had to clock back in to work
:hestonpls

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Monetized or not.

Nintendo got a girl arrested in 1999 because of some pokemon fanfic/doujin

they really are ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back