• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
jin-kazama-tekken.gif

the final fight of base jin and kaz is actually even more hype than their previous ''cosmic'' one in space

mean, jin used his own style, his mishima one, and the jun one, on kaz, in a final 3 phases all out fight, while both of them, were just out of their powers, and still had this epic fight, its by far on top 25 final vgames fights, without a doubt

harada broke limits, on the action part

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
when jins t3 theme - remix edition plays on the background, full hype levels :wow

for me, theres no need to make t9, this game, fully concludes the tekken saga, thats the fight everyone wanted to see, its over, for the reina part, just release it as dlc, a mini story cinematic mode, have angel jin to appear again, cui her, and end the saga fully

harada, dont turn this into mk1 tier level of hype fail

tekken 8 is peak tekken, gg

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
when jins t3 theme - remix edition plays on the background, full hype levels :wow

for me, theres no need to make t9, this game, fully concludes the tekken saga, thats the fight everyone wanted to see, its over, for the reina part, just release it as dlc, a mini story cinematic mode, have angel jin to appear again, cui her, and end the saga fully

harada, dont turn this into mk1 tier level of hype fail

tekken 8 is peak tekken, gg
I wonder where the hell was this for T7

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
jin-kazama-tekken.gif

the final fight of base jin and kaz is actually even more hype than his previous ''cosmic'' one in space

mean, jin used his own style, his mishima one, and the jun one, on kaz, in a final 3 phases all out fight, while both of them, were just out of their powers, and still has this epic fight, its by far on top 25 final vgames fights, without a doubt

harada broke limits, on the action part
Absolutely agreed.

Jin switching between his different styles in time with the music, the nod to the Tekken 4 intro with Kazuya's punch, the choreography in the cutscenes and cap it off with the final punch being the trailer punch we've seen for a decade or more at this point.

EASILY the best final battle in a videogame in recent memory. :awesome

Proto234

Distinguished
So Zafina actually didn't DIE by the way in Tekken 8, we see Panda carrying her off when Jin and the girls leave the arena and she's shown in a picture in the ending. She just doesn't have Azazel in her arm anymore, which is fine.

What's LESS fine is you can see Claudio's leg in the bottom corner of the same picture, which would imply that he didn't die either. :hm
I know it wasn't clear weather SHE died or not but he seemed to be pretty clear cut.

Hell they pretty much implied just using the spell he used would kill him on its own. I mean I know we didn't see a body and Reina and Lars are both living proof you can survive True Devil Kaz's laser, it just seems a little silly to pull a fake out for a relatively minor character.

Then again it's a fighting game, nobody really dies in fighting game stories so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. :maybe
Iirc, Claudio appears at the photos in Jin ending. So he should be still alive

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Iirc, Claudio appears at the photos in Jin ending. So he should be still alive
Yes I know, that is what I was referring to in my post, I was going over my issues with him being alive. :maybe

Especially since it wouldn't be that hard to just introduce another member of his order to take his place going forward, but fighting games gonna be fighting games.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Well at LEAST Alexander is white in this...which shouldn't be a point in a DOCUMENTARY'S favor but those are the times we live in. :maybe

• The Macedonian armor looks too dull and colorless, especially Alexander's. This is a dude who named over a dozen cities after himself and you think he's gonna be rocking something that plain looking on the battlefield?
  • The fuck are those toothpicks the Macedonian Infantry's using? Their spears should be nearly twice that length.
  • EVERYBODY gets bracers because why not?
  • Gee those "Persians" are looking very suspiciously like Crusader era Saracens. :hm

Inb4 Alexander's mother came up with all the good ideas and his father Philip isn't even mentioned. :maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back