• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
If Square was smart they would try to get other FF characters there so that they have excuses to milk even more ips
Yeah but they don't think that anything's ever going to top FFVII so they don't see the point.
Like get Quistis for example a glass wearing teacher that uses a whip, dudes would go wild for her, and then they could milk FFVIII too
Personally if they were going to use her, I would try and get Quistis into Street Fighter where her whip and her limit breaks fit the style of the game a bit better.

Like they should be trying to get their characters into as many of the major fighting games as they can, like what about getting say Zidane into Granblue, Clive into Guilty Gear etc. Try to draw more eyes to as many of their games as possible.

But as long as FFVII remains the huge money maker that it is, I doubt it's gonna happen.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
zacama-foil-1.jpg

TFW you slap a small blink engine into the dinosaurs and now teleporting T-rex becomes a win condition

Proto234

Distinguished

This honestly makes me sad, 'cause these people going SO fucking hard (no pun intended) for Tifa, is just going to end up FORCING it to be Tifa and completely destroy the chance of any other, better FF characters making it into the game. Not just because it's unlikely any single IP will get more than one slot, but because you KNOW all these people are going to throw the biggest fucking hissy fit under the Sun if it's ANYBODY BUT TIFA (except maybe Cloud).

As I said before, I'm hoping for it to be Clive while acknowledging that it's more than likely going to be Tifa. :smh

For non-Final Fantasy characters, my biggest shot in the dark would be Chris Redfield or Albert Wesker, Capcom IS making a Resident Evil 5 Remake at the moment after all, might as well get something cool out of that (as long as they use the OG designs). :mjpls

Instead of guest character, I prefer someone makes sense like Mokujin (there is Devil Kazuya lurking for lore justification). Though he probably the last DLC char

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back