• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

If that's the case, then I don't buy it at all...
Brock Lesnar was supposed to be at the Rumble and they stated that he was switched in for Bronn Breaker... so was Dominik Mysterio was supposed to surprise eliminate Brock Lesnar then?! ...Because I don't believe that for a second(And while he has allegations on him, I don't believe that's supposed to be the case either).

And CM Punk has an "injury" but I'm incredulous as RAW all but has it actually just be storyline shit alongside Drew literally making Tik-Tok videos and the like mocking CM Punk comes like the injury is far less serious than it seems(Especially when he stomped on it and CM Punk was clubbing Drew with that arm).

And even then, when are there suddenly this many leakers for WWE when there was no leakers since Triple H got on board?! I'm honestly not on board with this one bit and it's beginning to reek of work.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
If that's the case, then I don't buy it at all...
Brock Lesnar was supposed to be at the Rumble and they stated that he was switched in for Bronn Breaker... so was Dominik Mysterio was supposed to surprise eliminate Brock Lesnar then?! ...Because I don't believe that for a second(And while he has allegations on him, I don't believe that's supposed to be the case either).

And CM Punk has an "injury" but I'm incredulous as RAW all but has it actually just be storyline shit alongside Drew literally making Tik-Tok videos and the like mocking CM Punk comes like the injury is far less serious than it seems(Especially when he stomped on it and CM Punk was clubbing Drew with that arm).

And even then, when are there suddenly this many leakers for WWE when there was no leakers since Triple H got on board?! I'm honestly not on board with this one bit and it's beginning to reek of work.
It better be a work, when it comes to Rock and Roman, because if it isn't, then given the current reception to how they just did Cody... Ooh, boy. Rock vs Roman may just get even worse treatment from the crowd than Brock vs Goldberg at Mania 20 did. We might even see the return of the "Fuck you both" chant. :kobeha

It better be a work, when it comes to Rock and Roman, because if it isn't, then given the current reception to how they just did Cody... Ooh, boy. Rock vs Roman may just get even worse treatment from the crowd than Brock vs Goldberg at Mania 20 did. We might even see the return of the "Fuck you both" chant. :kobeha

That's exactly what it looks like it's happening based on WWE's uploading of the Event in general.
That and I have seen Meltzer and others show constantly they have no one on the inside of WWE and are prone to making shit up hardcore and only being correct when it's blatantly obvious(That Brock Lesnar may be getting unpersoned due to the allegations or TKO using it as a chance to re-negotiate the contract since he's with Vince pretty hard).

It also makes no sense because we saw what happened with CM Punk and Drew and that's not how someone who actually suffered a bad Tricep injury would go through, let alone Drew making Tik-Toks mocking Punk for it... or the fact that doing this means that WWE literally just fucked over Australia and they are going to be LIVID and that will hurt their future prospects with international audiences if they can do retarded audibles like these to placate one fucker.
Something's not adding up and that's why while I hate this, I will reserve until Cody either accepts Rollins challenge or the Elimination Chamber match does not happen.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

176bfd2d4bacacab65d26d897c5b2986fe12706683701bef27fb9952b09f756b_1.jpg

How in the fuck is anything going on here making any sense?

Ring should have left as soon as he died but no they gotta ignore how shit works just to give us absolute cringe

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Adrenaline in My Soul
Giving my spot to someone old
Do it all to give it up to Dwaaaaaaynnnne

The crowd is here, to watch me fail
Waiting for me to finally bail
Out the door and back to Jacksonville I gooooo,
WHOOOOOOAAAAAA!!
:jordangif :heston
@Xhominid The Apex @Claudio Swiss this whole situation with Rock is bullshit, and I hope it's just a swerve(even though it seems highly likely it isn't), but this comment I just saw mocking the whole thing with a change to Cody's lyrics just has me laughing.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Why the fuck would an Avatar: The Last Airbender adaptation need to appeal to the Game of Thrones fanbase?

"It can't JUST be for kids."
It never WAS just for kids. That's part of why it had such a massive fanbase and is STILL talked about favorably to this day.

"We needed to make it mature."
It already was, that's why it appealed to adults as well as kids. This is like the people who insist FFXVI is somehow "more mature" than other FF stories when literally the ONLY thing that separates it from them is showing blood and naked people, that's it.

"It needs to be adult."
Yet apparently you think the adults you're trying to appeal to can't handle a character being sexist and having an arc where he gets humbled due to that flaw and grows through it? :hm

And I'm sorry to keep making this comparison but it needs to be done, but One Piece Live Action didn't feel the need to do ANY of this shit. At most they toned down the strictly Japanese/Anime based tropes like Sanji's perviness/simpiness and seem to be turning fake out deaths into actual deaths and that's it. And you know what, it was a huge fucking hit.

Like I don't understand, you have an obvious slam dunk on your hands here if you just remain faithful to the original. It doesn't have to be 1-1, so long as you keep to the general spirit of the show but you've already proven you don't give a fuck. The ARROGANCE of these people to think they can do better than the original is staggering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back