• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

• Has finished Part 1
  • Hoping Rock Lee gets more screen-time later
  • Hoping the female characters get more interesting later
Oh boy Merphy, you have NO IDEA what you're in for with this one and I'd be VERY surprised if you come out the other side liking it, or even finished it to be quite frank with you. :maybe

I genuinely laughed when she said that she hoped that Inner Sakura moment with Ino wasn’t just an asspull and that there was something more mysterious with Sakura that gets revealed later because it would just be bad writing if it were

Poor Merphy.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I genuinely laughed when she said that she hoped that Inner Sakura moment with Ino wasn’t just an asspull and that there was something more mysterious with Sakura that gets revealed later because it would just be bad writing if it were

Poor Merphy.
I forgot that was even a thing until she brought it up. :kobeha

I don't believe it was EVER meant to be anything more than just Kishimoto using the Inner-Sakura gag as a way of getting her out of a scenario that shouldn't have been escapable.

Not sure what he could have done with it if he had been planning something. Perhaps it could have been a bloodline ability, kind of like a stand where she summons Inner Sakura to fight alongside or for her? Then again Susanoo is basically that so I just don't know.

I'm putting more thought into it than Kishi ever did.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member

• Has finished Part 1
  • Hoping Rock Lee gets more screen-time later
  • Hoping the female characters get more interesting later
Oh boy Merphy, you have NO IDEA what you're in for with this one and I'd be VERY surprised if you come out the other side liking it, or even finished it to be quite frank with you. :maybe

:skully

Might as well read a fan novel.

I don't believe it was EVER meant to be anything more than just Kishimoto using the Inner-Sakura gag as a way of getting her out of a scenario that shouldn't have been escapable.

Not sure what he could have done with it if he had been planning something. Perhaps it could have been a bloodline ability, kind of like a stand where she summons Inner Sakura to fight alongside or for her? Then again Susanoo is basically that so I just don't know.

If only.
Inner Sakura: Manifested Spirit Technique

Ability Overview:
Inner Sakura evolves from a mere comedic relief, representing Sakura’s true feelings, into a formidable, manifested spirit only visible to those with the ability to perceive chakra deeply. This spirit acts both as Sakura’s guardian and an amplifier of her abilities, embodying her untapped potential and determination.

Bloodline Origin:
This ability could be retconned as a latent bloodline trait from Sakura’s family, previously unknown due to its rarity and the specific conditions required for its awakening. It could be tied to Sakura’s unique chakra control capabilities, suggesting that her family has a history of producing medical ninjas with exceptional chakra control, which under extreme conditions, evolves into the ability to manifest their inner will as a separate entity.

Abilities and Traits:

• Chakra Amplification: Inner Sakura can amplify Sakura’s chakra, enhancing her medical ninjutsu and physical attacks significantly. This amplification is visually represented by glowing patterns that trace along Sakura’s body.
• Manifestation for Combat: Inner Sakura can manifest physically to fight alongside Sakura, doubling her combat presence on the battlefield. This manifestation would have its own chakra pool, derived from Sakura’s, and can perform a range of jutsu that Sakura knows, as well as unique ones specific to Inner Sakura.
• Emotional Resonance: Inner Sakura’s strength is directly tied to Sakura’s emotional and mental state, growing stronger with her determination, courage, and will to protect others. This makes Sakura’s battles not just physical but also emotional, showcasing her growth as a ninja and a person.
• Protective Barrier: Inner Sakura can create a protective barrier around Sakura and her allies, which is especially useful during medical procedures in the middle of a battle. This barrier is not only a physical shield but also enhances healing processes within its bounds.
• Dual Consciousness: Sakura and Inner Sakura can communicate mentally, allowing Sakura to gain insights and advice from Inner Sakura during critical moments. This represents Sakura’s introspection and growth, making her decisions in battles and personal matters more profound.

Limitations:

• Chakra Drain: Maintaining Inner Sakura’s physical manifestation is highly chakra-intensive, limiting its use to crucial moments.
• Emotional Dependence: Since Inner Sakura’s strength depends on Sakura’s emotional state, periods of doubt or fear can weaken it significantly, making mental resilience crucial.
• Rarity of Use: Given its uniqueness and the strain it puts on Sakura, this ability is reserved for significant battles, making its appearances rare and impactful.

Symbolism and Growth:
This ability symbolizes Sakura’s growth from a side character with unrequited love to a powerful ninja in her own right. It emphasizes the importance of inner strength, self-acceptance, and the power of emotions in shaping one’s path. By making Inner Sakura a tangible force, it provides a visual and narrative representation of Sakura’s evolution, her struggles, and her victories, enriching her character arc significantly.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
dgtcy33-a94aa84c-3c39-4716-80fb-f5faa67f744b.jpg

Pfft. That’s easy

Sakura’s natural talent for Genjutsu and Genjutsu resistence is due to Inner Sakura—as it works like how Jinchuriki’s resist Genjutsu with her waking up her host.

It’s a Yin-Yang Release with Inner Sakura representing all her inner compulsions and thoughts that she repressed. Inner is the Yang version which is more agressive than the outer sakura who’s the Yin version

There I fixed the plot hole

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I have a feeling The Rock is secretly evil. I think he’s in on the cultist shit

But that’s just me 🤷‍♂️

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I have a feeling The Rock is secretly evil. I think he’s in on the cultist shit

But that’s just me 🤷‍♂️
The Rock simply just has an ego as vast as the sky itself.

Honestly, no cap, a part of me is starting to think Rock might just pull a Hogan and have Roman lose to him. :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back