OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
A friend who I haven't talked to in a while suddenly messages me asking for anime recs
He doesn't read manga
He's also the kind of guy who consumes mostly slop

Alright guys I wanna hear from you, give me names of shows that can fix this guy's taste :maybe

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
looks like its only a soft retcon (on that part), as New Vegas does also hint that the NCR is on the verge of collapse, and they do still reference New Vegas and its Events, even House shows up.
Shady Sands falling in 2277 seems to be a reason why the NCR was so weak during 2281, and it seems the nuke was after 2281/Second Battle of Hoover Dam. 2277 was Shady Sands no longer being the Capital of the NCR.

Seems like Independent Vegas is the canon ending since the strip still exists and is shown.

But yeah its not gonna be a good or super faithful show it seems
Since when is the NCR depicted as overall being in collapse and not simply failing in the task of trying to take over and hold onto Vegas? They are described as having issues but no where near to just collapsing in a few damn years with no trace left. Why the hell is the capitol being nuked never mentioned in game when that sounds like a pretty damn important event, and how the hell are the BOS outlasting them when they are even further into fading away then the NCR, with all it's territories and population, ever was? This is just Bethesda being petty and trying to push Obsidian and any of the original lore out.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Since when is the NCR depicted as overall being in collapse and not simply failing in the task of trying to take over and hold onto Vegas? They are described as having issues but no where near to just collapsing in a few damn years with no trace left. Why the hell is the capitol being nuked never mentioned in game when that sounds like a pretty damn important event, and how the hell are the BOS outlasting them when they are even further into fading away then the NCR, with all it's territories and population, ever was? This is just Bethesda being petty and trying to push Obsidian and any of the original lore out.
Bethesda also refused to let Obsidian make several TES games when they offered. It is so painfully obviously spite that will drag all of their IPs down into the mud.

Back