• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
GMOkzMbaMAAbRko

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Something that really bothers me with Manwhas and Manhuas it seems a good bunch of them start with a decent art and it just get massive downgrades as it goes on

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Got to the episode where of The Orville where Teleya punishes a couple for aborting their child, by forcing them to see a holographic reconstruction of what they would have been. And somehow this is supposed to make me think the hyper religious faction of the Krill are evil.

That was the only punishment. They didn't even kill the parents. Just forced them to watch who their child would have grown up into, if they were born. It was just very based.

It was obviously shoehorned in as a weird straw man against conservative pro-lifers, and I keep getting whiplash from this show. First it was the Moclans, and the transgender surgery at birth to fix a defect. Which was being female. Again very based for considering women a defect, but they turned the trans issue of weirdos trying make children have gender reassignment surgery, into a problem about feminism. Seriously, that was fucking autistic. Talk about being self-absorbed.

It honestly felt like if genders were reversed? Nobody would have had a problem with the baby getting their dick snipped off.

Then there is this theme of any advanced society having religious practices being barbaric and evil. Since logically, religion would stop existing according to the show, and if it doesn't? Something is horribly wrong with those people.

The more I watch? The more annoyed I am by it. It has that whole capitalism spiel too. About how only primitive societies use money, and I lost my shit at that.
Seth was always an obnoxious lefty fedorafag, you could see it plenty of times in Family Guy with his shitty jokes thrown at Christians, Right Wing people, and Religion in general, only makes sense he would carry those asinine beliefs in a more serious show where he could pretend he is being deep and thought provoking when in reality he is just being dense and pretentious.

Got to the episode where of The Orville where Teleya punishes a couple for aborting their child, by forcing them to see a holographic reconstruction of what they would have been. And somehow this is supposed to make me think the hyper religious faction of the Krill are evil.

That was the only punishment. They didn't even kill the parents. Just forced them to watch who their child would have grown up into, if they were born. It was just very based.

It was obviously shoehorned in as a weird straw man against conservative pro-lifers, and I keep getting whiplash from this show. First it was the Moclans, and the transgender surgery at birth to fix a defect. Which was being female. Again very based for considering women a defect, but they turned the trans issue of weirdos trying make children have gender reassignment surgery, into a problem about feminism. Seriously, that was fucking autistic. Talk about being self-absorbed.

It honestly felt like if genders were reversed? Nobody would have had a problem with the baby getting their dick snipped off.

Then there is this theme of any advanced society having religious practices being barbaric and evil. Since logically, religion would stop existing according to the show, and if it doesn't? Something is horribly wrong with those people.

The more I watch? The more annoyed I am by it. It has that whole capitalism spiel too. About how only primitive societies use money, and I lost my shit at that.
Seth is Brian Griffin. We’ve known how bluepilled he was for a while.

His opinions on religion alone are at the same tier as Bill Maher.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Seth is Brian Griffin. We’ve known how bluepilled he was for a while.

His opinions on religion alone are at the same tier as Bill Maher.
It's why that one moment where Quagmire just lays the truth down hard on him is possibly the greatest moment in the show because it's the one time he just let's his self insert get shit talked about what an unlikable jackass he really is.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Oh dear Shad's talking about Star Wars again, what is it this time Shad?

"Since lightsabers don't have weight, why don't they ever make the lightsabers longer? I don't think they've ever done that in any of the movies?" :facepalm

Literally DARTH VADER in the first lightsaber duel of the franchise did this. He adjusts his lightsaber between longer and shorter lengths in every fight he's in. Like god damn it Shad can you ever NOT make a fool of yourself every time you bring up Star Wars? :heston

That's ignoring the fact I'm not sure if the blade portion of the lightsabers IS actually weightless, considering it's obviously a physical mass and the lightsaber strikes are portrayed as if they have weight behind them. Especially with Darth Vader in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back