• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #7: New Year, New Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

My favorite scene in the trilogy, and especially poignant for this year. Time to set aside the nonsense and become who we were born to be.

Thinking about it now, Lord of the Rings was the last great exhibition of cinema in the English language, at least as far as commercial blockbusters go. What came shortly after it? The tide of superhero movies, remakes, reboots, and cash cow sequels.

Has anything really rivaled Lord of the Rings in the last 20 years?

No I don’t think so. Some might say endgame but that’s still comic book shit. Emotional but still.
wait til they reboot marina and start from the beginning and then maybe.
But by then, they will change the Christian references to something else and make the movie lame.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
No I don’t think so. Some might say endgame but that’s still comic book shit. Emotional but still.
wait til they reboot marina and start from the beginning and then maybe.
But by then, they will change the Christian references to something else and make the movie lame.
What is marina?

You mean Narnia?

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

My favorite scene in the trilogy, and especially poignant for this year. Time to set aside the nonsense and become who we were born to be.

Thinking about it now, Lord of the Rings was the last great exhibition of cinema in the English language, at least as far as commercial blockbusters go. What came shortly after it? The tide of superhero movies, remakes, reboots, and cash cow sequels.

Has anything really rivaled Lord of the Rings in the last 20 years?

I was never fond of movies but LotR is one of the fews i have always liked since i was a child

El Hermano

Acclaimed
T9RGO2BZrPcijl6QwLd3e6uuEIvIjn3Xp8umz_vPhMzyVifUebtOMPSzUisZpT89x2CZDYDvpFa-bQ=s800-nd-v1
Oh boy. The fucking stench. I can FEEL it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back