• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #7: New Year, New Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FJBVSeZaIAAh33P
FJBVSe3akAMJ9l1

Kamachi's main problem is like

his prose is so fucking bland and the way he does exposition reads like a powerpoint presentation instead of a book.

So you'll get shit like

He walked over to the brick. He picked up the brick. He inspected the brick that had been left behind by his opponent, a person that he disliked. His disliked person had already left so there was no fight. He put the brick down on the ground again.
Pmuch

Even when you get something remotely interesting to happen he fills the space with as many empty words as possible. Its hella pretentious and just makes you wanna roll your eyes.

Like, when the OBD hates on somethin we have valid criticisms of the work. But the supporters of whatevers being bashed claim we're just biased

Which just makes us shit on it harder.:skully :skully

Just looking at what people give for feats with it, I absolutely agree.
It's honestly so fucking bad that it honestly amazes me with how bad it actually is. It's like he's just basically decided to write something and then just fucking dawdle, give the barests of explanations, randomly jump to a comparison that makes zero sense, doesn't even explain that and then goes right back to the aftermath without adequately explaining shit.

It's legit the worst level of Purple Prose I have ever seen in my life and it amazes me how his series ever got popular with dogshit writing like that...
Gotta be the Anime and Manga because it damn certain isn't the LN...
And I thought Urobuchi's love for Guns in Fate/Zero was pretentious and nearing Purple Prose levels.

>Set up to get married to catwoman
>lol it was all a trick by bane get fucked batman

The dumbest of shit
Talia was retconned to be a 100% evil bitch with no redeeming qualities

Wonder Woman relegated to being some cheerleader that chased after Batman

Vicky Vale might as well as not exist

Barbra and Bruce are the reason I rather have Dick with Starfire

Its all meh. Catwoman has been getting ruined by Tom King’s self-depression bullshit for years now.

Talia is MUCH more interesting when she’s not some mustache twirling villain, and Bruce actually has a reason why he wants to be with her beyond just trying to get his dick wet.

Vicky Vale is a poor man’s Lois Lane, but Vicky I imagine at least can play as a straight man and actually emphasize how Mysterious a character Batman and Bruce are

Barbra even being CONSIDERED makes me sick, because it implies a sort of “grooming” that should NOT be part of the Batman character. The whole Robin-Batgirl break up is one huge metaphor for Batman “grooming” Robin and Batgirl, and I feel it makes Batman look really bad.

Wonder Woman is straight up more equiped to deal with Gotham than Batman. And she’s much stronger and much more skilled since She objectively had better training. But that is never truly acknowledged in canon and she’s always gonna play second fiddle to the more popular character. Everything interesting about Wonder Woman is sacrificed for a pairing between Batman or Superman.

DCAU is the true DC and no one can tell me otherwise
DCAU has inferior Superman, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel. Even Wally is inferior in DCAU.

DCAU is like DB when it comes to the heroes. Hilariously overpowered villain gets defeated by teamwork and plot induced stupidity with an asspull powerup as the icing on the cake.
It reminds me of the X-Men animated series

J’onn and professor X especially

“I’ll use my telepathy! That way I’l-uuuuuaaaggvh!!!!”

U50SCC8_d.webp

Cw5RFQh_d.webp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back