• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #8: Still New Year, Lets go full force for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
1ff8b5150db9debf7f820cc7e14e9b8b.jpg

deb8c9e65a36e12b9f174adfd071192f.png

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
and speaking about the whole graphics and quality stuff and all

i can name a tl'dr list from the 90's and 00's games which can oneshot in quality, most games of the past 5 years, lol

in

a game

what matters more is story/plot, chars, ost, gameplay, and replay fun value

that's why i replay most games from the ps2, dreamcast, ps1 and xbox era, lol

and with the current emulation techs, you can make them look sharper and more crisp, lol

I always hate how people use those scenes out of context:
Goku doesn't like to kill opponents that are already defeated and down(which is why him ultimately trying to kill Goku Black despite that is so shocking) which was why he was shocked when Vegeta straight up killed Recoome and Burter after they was already unconscious and unable to defend themselves.

And with Freeza, it was explicitly Cruel Mercy as he knew keeping Frieza alive knowing he isn't the strongest was far, far more damaging than just killing him.
Him doing it with Moro was absolutely ridiculous, especially since he chastised Gohan for that exact thing against Cell.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
The whole Moro ordeal was mind boggling bad
Baffling to see folks be desperate to defend bad writing at its finest
Some folks will defend anything that old man Toriyama and the hack Toyo shit out for them, because they're just that desperate for more DB content to mindlessly consume.
:mjlol Younger Toriyama had more sense. He wanted this shit to end, while the older one is just using it as a cash cow for his retirement. You can tell which of the two had more integrity, given the latter is handing the series over to a bum who can't write worth a shit. Honestly, they either never should've brought DB back, or planned out DBS better, and have it in just anime form. No manga, because that means no Toyotaro to add shitty fanfiction tier trash into, which old man Toriyama never corrects, because he doesn't care.

:wow

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Max: I killed you, how are you not dead?
Me: No you didn't. Rugal set the place to blow, something Kyo and the boys were able to escape in time and you never saw what happened to Rugal.

I like how people complain about these bosses coming back, even when their survival is either fully explained or just makes complete sense in general. The team escaped it, why wouldn't Rugal? :maybe

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It really seems like Ikeda's going the route of Chloe possibly being a child of Yog-Sothtoth. 🤔
0032-010.png
0032-011.png

It was obvious Ikeda was going to go with some kind of unique parentage angle with regards to Chloe eventually (to explain her prodigal spiritual power and natural talent), so I'm not surprised at all.

It COULD be an interesting angle if Ikeda sticks with both C'thullu and Hastur (the heads of the two main opposing factions) both still being his sons as well here, 'cause it'll be a clash of half-siblings but obviously I don't know what route the story's going.

One thing I am definitely glad about though is Chloe getting access to plenty of hax (Through the Blood, Soul Predator and now the Silver Key) so she isn't just gonna get fucked by the first broken villain who comes along. :maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back