• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #9: The Sith Never Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FMIj2X8XMAY3CIS

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
"Encanto's great because the characters deal with REALISTIC problems." :smh

Don't get me wrong this sentiment is fine in and of itself. What bothers me is when people pretend that Encanto is somehow unique in this regard or even exceptional in it by Disney's standards.

I mean what do they call this if not a realistic scenario of a woman trying and failing to meet her family's expectations.

2:13 And are they trying to tell me there aren't people who have lived through that EXACT scene (minus the spaceship obviously).

I mean this one just kind of speaks for itself.

Two Sisters struggling to deal with their parent's passing and in danger of being separated because the elder can't make end's meet. Even Stich's arc is about an orphan that ends up finding his own family and learns to live in society.

You know what all these movies have in common? Not only do they handle these ideas and dramas far better than Encanto does, but THEY HAVE MORE BESIDES. With Encanto, the family drama is the ENTIRE PLOT and it's alright. But it doesn't remotely hold a candle to these classics because they do that and then some.

Encanto is a good movie but it's not anything extraordinary by Disney standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back