• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #9: The Sith Never Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FMciXt3WQAQm83a

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
speaking of, I always wondered:
How come The witchking is so powerful? Hes basically a strong spirit being, chained to sauron. but he was a human king in life, or lord at least. how did he become so powerful to even rival a ainur in power? like when he threatens gandalf and breaks his staff?

did it say somewhere in the book or silmarrilion about that?
In the book he was only able to match Gandalf, he never beat him or broke his staff and after fighting him to a standstill he used up almost all his power to the point Eowyn was able to fight him at all without him instantly killing her with Magic and even then, it took Merry with a surprise backstab with a blade specifically meant to harm beings like the Witch King to leave him weakened enough for Eowyn to finally kill him.

As for why he is so powerful, if I remember it's to do with him being an ancient type of Human that was called a Numenorean who were descendent from Elves who became men by forsaking immortality, and they were more attuned with Magic because of that connection which explains why the Witch King is so strong because he is both a Numenorean and is a being given power by Sauron as the leader of the Ring Wraiths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back