• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #9: The Sith Never Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Wait, so if Marika was a total jackass, does that make the "fuck the world I'm getting ice pussy" ending the best one? :whutpepe

Because I'm pretty sure the one where you beat up both her husbands and then swat the cosmic dragon has you bring her back so you can be her third spouse (and therefore Elden Lord). :hm

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Wait, so if Marika was a total jackass, does that make the "fuck the world I'm getting ice pussy" ending the best one? :whutpepe

Because I'm pretty sure the one where you beat up both her husbands and then swat the cosmic dragon has you bring her back so you can be her third spouse (and therefore Elden Lord). :hm
When being down bad is a good thing, what a fucked up setting. :hestonpls

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

from what I've heard yeah that's the best ending

From games usually emphasize destroying the old to make way for the new as the best or most natural option. Dark Souls got so fucked up from generations of people trying to keep up the status quo

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

From games usually emphasize destroying the old to make way for the new as the best or most natural option. Dark Souls got so fucked up from generations of people trying to keep up the status quo

Well, maybe they'll find a different ending. The players are still finding new bosses so don't give up hope :mhm

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member

It's more along the lines of "refuse to save the world on the off-chance the next one will be better." Which might not necessarily be the case. Personally, I don't give up. I prefer to the idea of trying to save the devil I do know over the devil I don't.

Why perpetuate the cycle instead of stopping it? Just hog-tie and gag Marika. She can't rule if she's buried underneath my tree.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
No way the Age of Stars is good. It's a literal ice age. How will crops grow? Where are people gonna find enough shelter? What about industry and civilization? Not to mention everyone trying to make a living already?

All that is going to go bye bye. Only worse ending is Frenzied Flame.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
6ac9de46085f929c1149b9335e9d9914.jpg

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
No way the Age of Stars is good. It's a literal ice age. How will crops grow? Where are people gonna find enough shelter? What about industry and civilization? Not to mention everyone trying to make a living already?

All that is going to go bye bye. Only worse ending is Frenzied Flame.
I feel like Miyazaki throws in endings like this and the Age of Dark as some kind of "into the unknown" forms of freedom as an ending. They only really make sense in a metaphorical sense and cause great societal upheaval and discomfort as they occur, as we saw with the Untended Graves and what happened when the Furtive Pygmy first let the flame go out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back