• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #9: The Sith Never Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/590963394/elden-ring-lore-thread-cont-590943523

amount of people in denial over General Chadhan lifting stars is hilarious
No, it's literally mythologic. Atlas holding up the sky, etc. Those clearly aren't stars, and you're not supposed to take the lore seriously. Mythology is always a silly front.

Did this clown ass nigga miss the entire cutscene where we see the stars move back to their original place?
Or the fact that they're called constellations and "Falling Stars" which are quite clearly meteors are always specified to be just that? lol

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FNSKoEHWUAYPIT2

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Nyarlathotep is fucking beasting the whole manipulative chessmaster thing.
0033-014.png
0033-015.png
0033-016.png
0033-017.png
0033-018.png
Funny thing is that it seems Chloe and me made the same mistake. I saw Nyarla's intervention during the whole Dagon thing and took it for more than it was, simply a test to see how much of her power Chloe could take. But nah I thought Surely if she would save her, her intentions must be good to some extent and TBF they still COULD be but it's impossible to say at this point. I forgot how much of a manipulative bitch she is, everything she does is a test on some level.

It almost seems Ikeda's playing on the Ichigo/Urahara sort of dynamic of the mentor who micro-manages the main character's route through the story, while the main character is aware of it. But while Urahara at least seemed to genuinely care about Ichigo's well being and the latter didn't really care, Ikeda is pushing Nyarla's machinations for the fucked upery they are and Chloe is only going along with it because she knows she couldn't stop her even if she tried (yet).

Honestly the longer this goes, the more I'm liking Nyarla/Nyarlathotep as a character (or possible antagonist later?).
The Outergod's just a lot of fun. :awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back