• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #9: The Sith Never Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
No, his purpose was to seal Destined Death. It's even noted as such. Marika ripped the Rune of Death from the Elden Ring. Which was always a part of it until Marika removed it, and gave it to the Maliketh in the form of his black blade. Empyrean isn't just the successor. They are still called that even after they become the vessel for the Elden Ring.

Maliketh was a shadowbound beast given to his Empyrean. Marika's sole need of her shadow was a vessel to lock away Destined Death. Even then, she betrayed him.

That's not his purpose, that's what Marika ordered him to do. Again, as an Empryean, before becoming the Goddess. Empryean explicitly refers to the successors and only the successors, because Marika explicitly isn't one anymore post Golden Order.

Which was referring to his sword. Since it is the source of the Rune of Death, and always has been since Marika ripped it from the Elden Ring.

No, it wasn't. It's not the source of the Rune of Destined Death, it's the vessel its sealed inside. Again, literally stated by the descriptions we've posted here. And the same description you posted says that the power source was only sealed after their defeat.

Only in your fantasies. Marika sealed away destined death by giving it Maliketh in the form of the black blade. Which was always a part of the Elden Ring. Unless you are now arguing that the Empyrean who led the Godskin Apostles was the vessel for the Elden Ring. Which would be crazy.

Good to know the item descriptions are made up of my fantasies. And how nice of you to post one of my fantasies for me.

For the record, my "argument" is that the Gloam Eyed Goddess is the one who held the Rune of Destined Death (which is stated in item descriptions) and that Marika sent Malekith to kill her and seal it when she was still an Empryean. All of which is backed up by, again, the stuff you yourself posted

That's because the act of sealing the black blade weakened all fragments of the Rune of Death in the Land Between. They still exist but with the black sword sealed away they became weaker but not nonexistent. Which is why we see traces of the Rune of Death everywhere. Especially in the form of the Death Root that Maliketh has you collect for him so he can eat them.

No, their power was explicitly weakened by it being sealed in the Black Blade post their defeat by Malekith. Ranni stealing the Rune weakened the Black Blade, which is what made Malekith freak out.

Nope, it all happened during the era of the Golden Order. And when Malenia, Miquella, and Ranni existed. This same fragment was used to assassinate Godwyn, and it's absolutely clear that Ranni was part of the plot. Since she conspired with Rykard. She even gave him the fragment to help him assassinate Godwyn. Which means she didn't use it to kill herself first.

4AG3d5P.png

Once again, this is only in your fantasies. Face it, Ranni is a duplicitous cunt.

Do you read the descriptions you post at all? That isn't the thing used to kill Godwyn, its a countermeasure against Malekith because Ranni and Rykard wanted to kill the Two Fingers (and thus Marika, which Malekith would object to).

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Whether Ranni assassinated Godwyn, and was part of the plot in question. Which she was along with Rykard as revealed in the Blasphemous Claw description.

Also, she was the Dusk Eyed Queen.

That's not remotely what that description says, though :catskully

And she's not the Gloam Eyed Queen, that one was both an actual goddess and killed by Malekith, neither of which apply to Ranni.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
That's not his purpose, that's what Marika ordered him to do. Again, as an Empryean, before becoming the Goddess. Empryean explicitly refers to the successors and only the successors, because Marika explicitly isn't one anymore post Golden Order.
Citation needed that they're not still referred to as empyreans after they become the vessel of the Elden Ring. Since I am sure as hell not seeing it. Right there it's made clear that the only reason Marika had the Two Fingers make him was so he could become the guardian of the Rune of Death.
No, it wasn't. It's not the source of the Rune of Destined Death, it's the vessel its sealed inside. Again, literally stated by the descriptions we've posted here. And the same description you posted says that the power source was only sealed after their defeat.
Straw man on your part. I said that it was the source because it had already been sealed inside the black blade. Before any of this happened, and it was the first thing that Marika did to the Elden Ring to ensure her future Golden Order would be as it was.
Good to know the item descriptions are made up of my fantasies. And how nice of you to post one of my fantasies for me.
No, that would be you failing to recognize what the implications of what it said meant. And cherry picking it part of it. When it starts off with "On the night of the dire plot."
For the record, my "argument" is that the Gloam Eyed Goddess is the one who held the Rune of Destined Death (which is stated in item descriptions) and that Marika sent Malekith to kill her and seal it when she was still an Empryean. All of which is backed up by, again, the stuff you yourself posted
All that which is only backed up by the fact your reading comprehension is absolutely atrocious. You have misinterpreted them at every opportunity to make it so they somehow agree with your stance. When they plainly do not. You even just ignored the obvious implications of what I just posted with the Blasphemous Claw.
No, their power was explicitly weakened by it being sealed in the Black Blade post their defeat by Malekith. Ranni stealing the Rune weakened the Black Blade, which is what made Malekith freak out.

Nope, they were weakened as a result of Maliketh sealing the black blade. I have already rebutted you on this, and will continue to do so on this. Until the heat death of the universe because you're objectively wrong.
Do you read the descriptions you post at all? That isn't the thing used to kill Godwyn, its a countermeasure against Malekith because Ranni and Rykard wanted to kill the Two Fingers (and thus Marika, which Malekith would object to).
Are you being purposely obtuse?

"On the night of the dire plot?" Word-for-word, it says.

It literally starts off with that. What other dire plot could they be referring to? It was an insurance policy because they had just assassinated Godwyn via the Black Knives, and she wanted to make sure Rykard had a defense against his wrath. It's clear cut in its implication.

That's not remotely what that description says, though :catskully

And she's not the Gloam Eyed Queen, that one was both an actual goddess and killed by Malekith, neither of which apply to Ranni.

That's literally what it fucking says, numbskull. :skully

What other dire plot was there?

Nope, the Dusk Eyed Queen wasn't a full goddess and once again being a full goddess doesn't mean that you're the vessel of the Elden Ring. And she would need to have been to have the Rune of Death. Since it was always a part of it.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Actually, forget it 🤷‍♂️

For some reason this appears to be emotionally compromising you, and we've gone around this circle about six times in the past couple of days. Not remotely worth going again

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Actually, forget it 🤷‍♂️

For some reason this appears to be emotionally compromising you, and we've gone around this circle about six times in the past couple of days. Not remotely worth going again
The only other thing that contradicts that is the description of the Cursemark of Death. Which said both Ranni and Godwyn died at the same time. One in body. The other in soul. However, it could be that the assassins began their work at the same time and Ranni had instructed them to kill her as well. The fact it happened at the exact same time suggests it wasn't a coincidence. Since it seemed the splitting of the curse mark was intentional.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
We did the dance around that part sometime yesterday. IIRC my take was that Those Who Live in Death were playing her in order to make Godwyn their Prince of the Dead or whatever.

It doesn't really matter, we'll both forget this argument by the end of today and then some new lore dump they find in Elden Ring will reveal it was secretly Alexander the Iron Fist behind everything because he craved war to test his mettle :mhm

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
And then the Remembrance of Rot contradicts that again by saying to be an Empyrean you need to be the child of a single god, and that the weird Marika/Radagon coupling is what causes it. However, Ranni's mother wasn't Marika.

As I said before it seems they're being intentionally vague and contradictory so it can be open to interpretation.

Miquella and Malenia are both the children of a single god. As such they are both Empyreans, but suffered afflictions from birth. One was cursed with eternal childhood, and the other harbored rot within.

Unless it means to say they're demigods, and that Radagon wasn't one but we know he was Marika so that can't be the case. That unless Empyrean is just being used synonymously with divinity.

It doesn't really matter, we'll both forget this argument by the end of today and then some new lore dump they find in Elden Ring will reveal it was secretly Alexander the Iron Fist behind everything because he craved war to test his mettle :mhm
Unironically yes.

:kobeha

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
And then the Remembrance of Rot contradicts that again by saying to be an Empyrean you need to be the child of a single god, and that the weird Marika/Radagon coupling is what causes it. However, Ranni's mother wasn't Marika.

As I said before it seems they're being intentionally vague and contradictory so it can be open to interpretation.

Miquella and Malenia are both the children of a single god. As such they are both Empyreans, but suffered afflictions from birth. One was cursed with eternal childhood, and the other harbored rot within.

Unless it means to say they're demigods, and that Radagon wasn't one but we know he was Marika so that can't be the case. That unless Empyrean is just being used synonymously with divinity.

Unironically yes.

:kobeha

I took that "as such they were both Empryeans, but suffered afflictions from birth" to be more about the second part. As in the whole incest thing successfully created two Empryeans but because incest is still incest they both got weird divine diseases.

Unless Rennala was also somehow secretly Marika the whole time. :catwat

Marika trying to channel one of the Hindu gods "bitch I was always everyone" :skully

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
I took that "as such they were both Empryeans, but suffered afflictions from birth" to be more about the second part. As in the whole incest thing successfully created two Empryeans but because incest is still incest they both got weird divine diseases.

Unless Rennala was also somehow secretly Marika the whole time. :catwat

Marika trying to channel one of the Hindu gods "bitch I was always everyone" :skully

This is why I said they reminded me of Cersei and Jaime. Sans the divine diseases part. However, I doubt they were actually siblings. I guess since they're the same person it would be even worse though. Point being that empyrean is thrown around a lot, and is defined differently by a lot of people. My opinion is that it's just a catch all, and certain people emphasize it to differentiate between demigods and full gods, and in Ranni's case for some reason potential vessels for the Elden Beast. Though I am loathe to take her at her word. Since she definitely conspired with Rykard, and had something to do with the assassination. And definitely does not like the Two Fingers. Which seem to be largely benign, and want the Elden Ring to be fixed so the Land Between isn't a shithole anymore.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
@CrossTheHorizon

Another theory I have is that Melina is actually the Dusk Eyed Queen. Since we know she was one of Marika's daughters, and died somehow. Which is why she appears and disappears as a spirit. And that tattoo on her eye looks like half of the cursemark.

I have a feeling that Melina is actually split from Ranni. Like how Marika and Radagon split from each other.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
@OtherGalaxy @Atem

Well yall only have catalyst the blame for that rule. His attitude and actions regarding verses like this is why the rule was set up in the first place. Dude put me off and made me wary of all verses that are "tell don't show"

If yall can prove elden ring is different then it will be fine to use, otherwise imma be skeptical about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back