• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #9: The Sith Never Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
So where does Godfrey rank versus the demigods? Because I just saw his fight, and if he is above Radahn stopping constellations, this motherfucker is going to powerbomb the HST :hestonpls

he's the original Elden Lord and Radahn based his entire lion theme on him so he should scale to Radahn I think

characters I'm aware of scaling to Radahn

Malenia
Godfrey
Elden Beast
possibly Dragonlord Placidusax

not sure of anyone else besides the Outer Gods

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
he's the original Elden Lord and Radahn based his entire lion theme on him so he should scale to Radahn I think

characters I'm aware of scaling to Radahn

Malenia
Godfrey
Elden Beast
possibly Dragonlord Placidusax

not sure of anyone else besides the Outer Gods
Is there any hint on how much powerfull these outer gods are supposed to be compared with the rest of the characters? Or are they are the kind "we just know they are more powerfull but thats it"

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
fFGg8Zg.png

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Is there any hint on how much powerfull these outer gods are supposed to be compared with the rest of the characters? Or are they are the kind "we just know they are more powerfull but thats it"
the only thing I'm aware of is the Elden Beast was sent and presumably created by the Greater Will, and the Frenzied Flame god has the power to destroy the Erdtree

the Outer Gods are not elaborated on much and none directly appear in the flesh unlike Bloodborne where we at least saw Kos, Mergo's Wet Nurse, and Amygdala

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
So where does Godfrey rank versus the demigods? Because I just saw his fight, and if he is above Radahn stopping constellations, this motherfucker is going to powerbomb the HST :hestonpls

More powerful than most if not all demigods, and responsible for cleaning house in the Lands Between originally. It got so bad he had to seal his own power just to have any sort of challenge via Serrosh. Normally he is so powerful that he had no equal before he left, and had to actively nerf himself just to have fun with his enemies.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
We do in the Frenzied Flame ending. Where the Tarnished is just outright overshadowed by it, and becomes Sauron. The Frenzied Flame is a legit Outer God, and the unalloyed gold needle actually worked as intended against it. Unlike with Malenia.
im aware of that I just assume we became a conduit or avatar of the flame of some sort rather than that being its true form

I am wondering why Miquella's needle only works from outside time on the outer gods. Maybe they're existences that can only be attacked from that vantage point

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
@CrossTheHorizon

Also, looked into Rogier's dialogue some more. Not only did Godwyn die before the shattering? His death happened during the Golden Age a long time ago, and was the direct trigger for the shattering to happen in the first place many years later.

The misshapen corpse under Stormveil? That is a sacred relic. Of the black knives plot. As that famed night of assassination is known.
It happened during the Golden Age of the Erdtree, long before the shattering of the Elden Ring. Someone stole a fragment of the Rune of Death from Maliketh, the Black Blade. And on a bitter night, murdered Godwyn the Golden. That was the first recorded Death of a demigod in all history. And it became the catalyst. Soon, the Elden Ring was smashed, and thus sprang forth the war known as the Shattering.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
@CrossTheHorizon

Also, looked into Rogier's dialogue some more. Not only did Godwyn die before the shattering? His death happened during the Golden Age a long time ago, and was the direct trigger for the shattering to happen in the first place many years later.

The misshapen corpse under Stormveil? That is a sacred relic. Of the black knives plot. As that famed night of assassination is known.
It happened during the Golden Age of the Erdtree, long before the shattering of the Elden Ring. Someone stole a fragment of the Rune of Death from Maliketh, the Black Blade. And on a bitter night, murdered Godwyn the Golden. That was the first recorded Death of a demigod in all history. And it became the catalyst. Soon, the Elden Ring was smashed, and thus sprang forth the war known as the Shattering.

Wait, there was that much of a time gap between him dying and the Shattering?

Marika has the emotional reflexes of a fucking corpse :skully

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Marika in a general is a really unusual monarch compared to Gwyn/Vendrick/Isshin

hard for me to really get a solid read on her character
whereas with Gwyn I felt like souls really gave you an in-depth look at who he has especially in the Ringed City, without him having a single line of dialogue

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
^Miyazaki still oversaw all the lore this time (apparently he only did some of it in past games besides DS1 where he wrote the item descriptions because nobody had time to) which makes me think he has some kind of gameplan with her....just no clue what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back