• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #9: The Sith Never Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Marika in a general is a really unusual monarch compared to Gwyn/Vendrick/Isshin

hard for me to really get a solid read on her character
whereas with Gwyn I felt like souls really gave you an in-depth look at who he has especially in the Ringed City, without him having a single line of dialogue
Think she is a straight up schizo suffering from some sorta dissociative identity disorder. Not helped by the fact she can literally split into two polarizing opposites of herself, and porked herself. Which is an extra layer of weird. Furthermore, despite banishing Godfrey she still had the hots for him and was the one who called the Tarnished back according to Melina. Got ourselves a real tsundere here.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
GyrGUO8.jpg

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Think she is a straight up schizo suffering from some sorta dissociative identity disorder. Not helped by the fact she can literally split into two polarizing opposites of herself, and porked herself. Which is an extra layer of weird. Furthermore, despite banishing Godfrey she still had the hots for him and was the one who called the Tarnished back according to Melina. Got ourselves a real tsundere here.
literally none of this makes any fucking sense at all :mjlol

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
literally none of this makes any fucking sense at all :mjlol
According to Melina, when at several churches, she is able to hear the echoes of Marika's own words.

Spoken echoes of Queen Marika linger here, as well. Shall I share them with you?

Very well. In Marika's own words. My Lord, and thy warriors. I divest each of thee of thy grace.
With thine eyes dimmed, ye will be driven from the Lands Between. Ye will wage war in a land afar, where ye will live, and die.

Spoken echoes linger here. Words of Queen Makira, who vanished long ago. If you wish, I will share them with you.

In Marika's own words. Then, after thy death, I will give back what I once claimed.
Return to the Lands Between, wage war, and brandish the Elden Ring. Grow strong in the face of death. Warriors of my lord. Lord Godfrey.

And she still considers Godfrey her lord.

Not sure what she means by when "thine eye dimmed?" I am guessing they lost their warrior spirit. Since that seems to be the case when Godfrey could find no more worthy challengers after becoming Elden Lord.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Most of the time the game feels like Berserk. In that the world is fucked, but just because it is doesn't mean there isn't happiness to be found somewhere or somehow. And Melina agrees with that sentiment, and believes that there is something about the world worth saving. Which is why she condemns you for accepting the Frenzied Flame.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
Most of the time the game feels like Berserk. In that the world is fucked, but just because it is doesn't mean there isn't happiness to be found somewhere or somehow. And Melina agrees with that sentiment, and believes that there is something about the world worth saving. Which is why she condemns you for accepting the Frenzied Flame.
strugglebros

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
@CrossTheHorizon

Second playthrough. Did Rogiers path, got the black knife print, and he asked me to confront Ranni. I did so, and when I ask her? She admits to it all. That she was responsible for creating the black knives, and was behind the plot to kill Godwyn. She does however say she also used one of the black knives to kill herself. This seems to lock you out of Ranni's questline as well. Since she is pissed off that you caught her, and commends you on your sleuthing.

You don't get away from Columbo, motherfucker.

I only managed to screen-cap this line because there is no pause button in Elden Ring but she also says she was behind the Night of Black Knives, and the conspiracy.

CuQiAwI.png

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
And the whole reason Rogier knew that Ranni made the black knives was because he was infected with the Death Root, and therefore could "read" the script from the Rune of Death. Her name was literally on the knife. It was just not in a language that anybody could normally read. :skully

Jesus Christ, I hate her even more now. "Hey, while I doing this rite to make these black knives for my assassins? I am going to write my name on the murder weapon."

Literal retard.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
When your Godzilla movie is so bad, the rights to your version of the monster are purchased JUST so they can canonically change the name and have your version get squashed by the original in a 1 minute clip. :hestonpls
With Zilla made to look as shitty as possible while music straight from the 2000s plays. :skully

Also I like the fact the the real Godzilla causes explosions just by...him existing. He did nothing at the start but he still caused an explosion. He's simply that fucking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back