• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo Thread #4: never give up, cuz victory goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Lol remember when the entire point of his existence was because Jango took a hit on a Woman?

I need to beat bounty hunter still
I just want Kyle katarn to return...
FDG26CoWUA4W3cT

I guess these idiots forgot to realize that Starkiller was meant to be a "what-if" story of Vader finding Luke when he was young and training him to be a Sith apprentice and Starkiller was already the son of a Jedi Master and noted to have high potential in the Force

Yep, Starkiller is even the original name of Skywalker before George Lucas changed it. So yeah, it's literally a "What If" story that used virtually the same character but in a different fashion.
And even then, Starkiller STILL DIED at the end! All of his power and he gets owned by Palpatine in the end OR even in the Bad End, STILL gets wrecked by Palpatine and ends up in the same state as Darth Vader.
Yeah, that's an "overpowered Sue" x10's worse than Rey.
Also miss the fact that Starkiller's powers is honestly not even that absurd if people actually seen the damn EU where the characters was far more powerful in terms of their powers vs. the movies...

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Playing Wrath of the Righteous. Trickster Path best path. You can troll the fuck out of everyone, and you can bullshit so hard it twists the narrative of the story in your favor. Kinda like The Fateless One.

Basically, if you lie hard enough it becomes the truth. And reality follows in line. It's amazing.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Also, completely contrary to Baldur's Gate 3. Where they are focusing on a low level cap and a localized conflict. Here the conflict effects everybody. And the main character has been gifted with a mythic empowerment. That lets them choose from several paths which lead straight into actual godhood. They can even go beyond the typical level twenty cap which is already demi-god level. And reach level forty. Maxing out two different classes. On top of said crazy mythic empowerment. Rather than having a gold dragon bloodline you can literally be a gold dragon. Or an Aeon. Or whatever other crazy godlike being.

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
better to die free than live soy
Thats the monkey pawn I hope we dont get.
I want Katarn back but I dont want a water down washed up Katarn.
Since GM Luke became Jake skywalker, Katarn would be Gay and outperformed by any female character he meets.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Baldur's Gate 3: "Now let's keep this story down to earth. Here are some squids with psychic powers who just kidnapped you."

Wrath of the Righteous: "BRING DOWN THE FURY OF THE HEAVENS! PURGE THE DEMON LORDS! BECOME THE CHAMPION OF THE GODS! AND CLOSE SHUT THE GATES OF OBLIVION!"

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
I especially like the gold dragon and azata

"Treat him nicely" and "Sing with them"
:mjlol
I was referring more to their path descriptions like:

"The Aeon is a cosmic judge of balance—Judge Dredd meets Merlin on a cosmic scale. They can sense where the balance is broken and fix it, often punishing the perpetrator in the process. The cool thing about the Aeon is that they can detect places where the balance was greatly disturbed in the past and travel back in time to fix it. In doing so, they can change their current timeline, usually for the better."

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
I was referring more to their path descriptions like:

"The Aeon is a cosmic judge of balance—Judge Dredd meets Merlin on a cosmic scale. They can sense where the balance is broken and fix it, often punishing the perpetrator in the process. The cool thing about the Aeon is that they can detect places where the balance was greatly disturbed in the past and travel back in time to fix it. In doing so, they can change their current timeline, usually for the better."
Well, i'm a dum-dum, but i think i get it now.

Swarm that walks then.
:yousmart

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
I love how it gives you choices for your myth or legend. Like in most WRPGs you're locked into a certain narrative. You're the Nerevarine. You're the Dovahkiin. Here you get to influence the story enough that you get to choose your crazy ass importance to the cosmology. I mean the Trickster path literally makes you aware that you're in a tabletop game, and gives you the ability to be the dungeon master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back